Chapter 9 - Out Comes the Truth

I woke up, lost and in a daze. I felt a gasp when I fluttered my eyes open. I could only move my eyes. Not my head, or my arms. Only my eyes. I felt too weak.

My mind was trying to comprehend what had happened, and why I was laying on something awfully comfortable.

"Shit, Lydia? Are you okay? Sorry, you kind of just passed out so I took you to my room." I heard a voice close to me speak quickly and worriedly.

I found all the strength in me and turned to look at my savior. When I saw him, I seemed fully awake. "Stiles, why was I shot in the face with what I presume either a bullet or arrow? And why did no one else notice?" I asked him, sitting up and touching my once bleeding cheek, which now seemed perfectly fine. You know, other than the fact that a scar was coming to cover the mark.

He sighed. "Y-you'll have to ask Scott. I convinced them that since you've been shot with an arrow, it's time to let you know." He was sitting on a chair that was seated right next to the bed. He looked exhausted and upset. Why? Well I was certainly going to find out.

I rolled my eyes. "Stiles, what are you talking about?" I asked, annoyance evident in my voice.

Instead of speaking, he picked up his phone. He typed a few things for about a minute, and suddenly everyone burst in.

"Oh my God, Lydia. I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed, rushing to my aid. She put her hand on my shoulder, eyes assessing me and pushing Stiles away.

Kira walked over to me, warily, as if unsure whether she was welcome. Scott followed her, and both of them had tired eyes but warm smiles. "Stiles thinks it's time to tell you what happened and what's happening to all of us." Scott told me, and I briefly wondered where Isaac was.

I shrugged. "If you must." I leaned back, feeling no need to be tense at what they were going to say. I felt a hand clutch mine tightly then loosen. But they never let go.

"Okay, Lydia." I heard Allison say, her voice almost pleading. "We need you to understand why we didn't tell you. We wanted to protect you, and we figured it wouldn't bother you all too much. Until we got a list and you were attacked. And one of the attackers, Stiles' dark persona, walked to you and was trying to flirt with you. We were trying to tell you, but we've been far too busy. Please, Lydia-"

"Just shut up, Allison, and tell her." I heard a voice come from. Luckily I didn't need to look up to see who it was.

I heard a loud sigh. "Malia!" Stiles exclaimed. "Just stop. Let Allison do this her way. She was the only one who actually volunteered, and she's also Lydia's best friend."

I cleared my throat. "Ahem, still in the room!" I shouted, trying to gather their attention. And they shut up. "Proceed, Allison."

She exhaled loudly, through her teeth. "You're not human. Scott's not human. Kira's not human. Malia's not human." Allison said in a rush.

Unsure how to react to this information, I spoke, "Well, okay. Elaborate, would you?"

I could basically hear her mind processing how to do so. "Scott's a wolf; Kira's a fox; Malia's a coyote." She told me. "Stiles is human, and so am I, but I'm a hunter. Stiles just happened to learn all this from Scott."

I began to scoot up, leaning on the wall so I can look at all of them. For some reason, I wasn't panicking. I had a feeling they weren't lying. But I also was wondering how this could be happening. I felt like this was some giant test that they wanted me to pass. And if I'm good at anything, it's testing. "What am I?"

I saw her shrug. "Something that none of us have ever encountered. A banshee."

I nodded, unsure how to react. "So should I start wearing white and walking around the cemetery crying and wailing for the dead souls?" I scoffed. Of course, I was joking. I was terrified of cemeteries. Dead bodies and ghosts. The thought just makes me shudder.

Allison raised an eyebrow. "You're taking this really well." She sounded shocked, and somewhat terrified. But still, she continued. "This is a serious matter. You're a banshee. We're assuming your kind is rare."

I began to laugh. "Okay guys. This is ridiculous. I don't know where you got the ideas for this, but this is stupid. And totally not believable. So just stop." I smiled at them. I felt the hand that was holding mine and met it's owner.

Stiles' hand was warm, but his expression was almost annoyed. "Lydia, we're not lying." He said calmly, as if expecting such a reaction.

"Yeah, okay. How would I not know what I am, but you do? Nice joke guys." I rolled my eyes.

"Lydia! We. Are. Being. Serious! Scott, prove it to her." Allison commanded. She sounded upset.

And so he did. When my eyes were on him, his face changed. His eyes were a bright, vibrant red and his ears changed so they were like elf ears. They were sharp and his face contorted into an angry expression.

On instinct, I squeezed Stiles' hand. He yelped, but never let go. I ignored his pain, and I exhaled. "Right. Okay. Um, wow." I swallowed, and closed my eyes. Breathe, Lydia. Your lungs need oxygen to survive. I told myself. My breathing slowed down and I reopened my eyes. "I have questions."

"We figured you would." The werecoyote said coldly. Her glare made me want to pull my hand back, but I didn't. I felt like I needed the support Stiles would give me.

I overlooked Malia's bitchiness and went on. "Who attacked me?" It was the most simple question.

Everyone else looked at each other except Malia. "Allison." She had a smirk on her face, but Allison's eyes widened.

"Excuse me! It wasn't me! It was the dopplegänger! And you know it, brat." She snapped. I saw Allison's eyes darken and I found myself shocked.

I had never seen Allison angry. She was always so calm and collected.

Stiles shot daggers at Malia and I scooted away from Allison slightly. I wasn't sure what to do. Unfortunately, Stiles was the one on my other side. He cleared his throat. "So what'd you call it? A dopplegänger?" I raised an eyebrow. When Scott nodded, I proceeded. I knew what they were. I'd watched enough Vampire Diaries to know. Except these ones sounded much darker. "Who's controlling them and how many are there?"

"We don't know who's controlling them, but there's at least one of each of the supernatural beings. So we know of fifteen." Scott then fished out something from his pocket and handed it to me.

Reluctantly, I took it and read the list.

"Derek Hale

Erica Reyes

Vernon Boyd

Scott McCall

Stiles Stilinski

Lydia Martin

Allison Argent

Kira Yukimura

Jordan Parrish

Malia Tate

Isaac Lahey

Jackson Whittemore

Ethan and Aiden

Liam Dunbar"

I grew a small smile. "Stiles isn't supernatural. You didn't mention him before." I looked at the aforementioned boy who glared at me.

His eyes darkened. "Oh whatever. I'm close enough." He rolled his eyes. "And this is coming from the girl who thought she was human."

I glared at him before pulling my hand back. "Right. Okay. So there's another one of me running around? Seeing as I don't have too many talents, what do I do?" I raised an eyebrow.

Malia looked me over. "You scream like a bitch."

~

Whoa. Sorry for not updating. School's a bitch.

So hope you enjoyed this chapter! I honestly didn't know what to write.