Chapter 10 - Secret Heritage

"Excuse me?" I raised an eyebrow. "Was that an insult?" I narrowed my eyes at Malia. "Calling me that is incredibly rude and-"
Stiles scolded Malia with his eyes and cut me offp, "Hey, girls. Knock it off." He snapped, mainly looking at Malia.
I felt a strange swelling in my stomach as I smirked at the brunette. "Stiles, it's not my fault. She called me..." I paused, deciding whether to say it, "The 'B' word!" I exclaimed.
She scoffed, "At least say the word," She laughed at me. I glared at her before looking at Scott. I hoped he could explain her comment.
Thankfully he did. "Lydia," He said, sounding exasperated with Malia, "You're a banshee. The wail-"
"The wailing woman is a woman who can foretell death by screaming." I finished before knowing what I was saying. That's when everyone looked at me with shock in their eyes. "I thought all of you knew," Their expressions never wavered, "I'm not an airhead. I'm extremely nerdy. Into folklore and everything," I admitted.
Scott paused for a moment and then spoke, "We know because," He looked around, obviously wondering what memory to share. There must've been quite a bit. "Because our freshman dance."
My cheeks became a little pink from the reminder. The one time I got Stiles to ask me to dance I just have to somehow end up in the hospital. But at least I was pretty enough to be on his radar.
"Someone seems to remember that, quite well," Allison teased.
I swallowed, and attempted to banter back, "Well someone made me dance with a stranger." But he wasn't a stranger, despite I wish he was with all my might.
"A hot one," Stiles inputted.
I rolled my eyes, "Such a shame I couldn't complete the dance because I was in the hospital." I said sarcastically, realizing how many times I've been in the hospital in the time span of a year.
Scott sighed, "Yes, well, you know Derek? My mentor?" He asked, sounding uncertain. When I nodded, he continued, "His uncle, Peter, whispered something about you, into Stiles' ears that night," He looked at Stiles, most likely to make him tell his part.
I couldn't help my curiosity. It was like one of my books.
"He whispered, 'Better cover up your ears, she's screamer'." I tilted my head, slightly confused. "At first I thought it was some sexual rapist thing, but it wasn't."
I scoffed. "Great. Well, why didn't you tell me this before?" I said, sounding slightly sourly. "For my 'safety'?" I used air quotes around the word. Clearly keeping it from me didn't work. And when does it ever?"
Allison sighed, "Well yeah. We thought we could keep you safe. We all generally like you." Her eyes wandered over to Malia when she said generally.
"Okay so basically, we live in a supernatural world and we're all apart of a show that has the message, 'Kill or be killed'?" I asked.
Scott thought for a moment. "Yes basically, except..." He looked around, "We're not on camera."
~~~
*smiles sheepishly* hi guys.
I know I know, "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN.
You promised us an update and this short chapters is what we get?"
I had surgery.
I'm fine but that's why I'm updating so late. I'm still somewhat recovering but I'm home.
Thanks to all those keep reading!
So this was kind of a filler chapter. I felt horrible so I wanted to upload something.
SO I HAVE A LOT OF VIEWS AND I CAN'T EVEN RIGHT NOW. IM LIKE CRYING. THANKS GUYS I LOVE YOU.
And if you want to contact me...
Check out my roleplay account: @philophobi.a on instagram ;) And direct message me for my kik.
Thanks loyal readers.