Chapter 4

Okay, this is eating a bit of attention so I'll update it instead of leaving it to fester and rot in the corner I guess.

"Do demons need to eat?" Daisy broke the corner off a block of chocolate and shoved it in her mouth. Asmodeus narrowed his eyes and lashed his tail. "Mm. This is the best, so smooth and creamy."

She watched her slave out the corner of her eye. He'd traded the frumpy old dress in for her deceased grandmothers saggy knickers, squares of ancient, stretched, elastic with distinct bulges that her gran hadn't had, that he'd pegged around the waist. He was lounging on her bed, lying on his back and lashing his tail.

"You know, my ceiling's really not that interesting." Daisy spun on her office chair and scooted it over to him. He folded his arms and tried to burn a hole in the roof with his eyes. "So you're gonna ignore me now? Okay." She popped her lips and swung in a circle.

"What's hell like?" She dug her feet into the ground and leant forwards. "Come on, you know you wanna talk to me. I'm the only one who's around."

Asmodeus turned his head. "I can lie here without speaking until your lineage rots in the earth, until man has leant to care, until every child is grown and every building crumbled. I can lie on this bed until it crumbles beneath me and I lie on the floor, then I can lie there in silence until the house falls around my head and still I will lie under its remains until I am buried so far under the ever-turning earth that Satan can stretch up and bring me home." He growled. He shifted his hips and returned to the ceiling.

"Wow. Edgy, dude, that was edgy. So are you, like, one of those emo demons? The ones that are all about doom and gloom and have never petted a baby and held a dog? Or the other way round, whatever." Daisy poked his arm. "Ow! That's hot!"

"I burn with the fires of hell. Now fuck me and I can return to my domain." He didn't look at her.

"No." Daisy snorted, staring at him. "I told you, that's not my hearts desire of whatever you were talking about." The smell of ash and petrol filled the room, like a fire that had just had been doused with gas. Asmodeus whipped his tail again, his muscles clenched. "So. What's hell like?"

He turned, sneering. "You tell me, worm, we're already here." He snarled, launching up. "Let me go home!"

"No!" Daisy stomped, vaulting to her feet. "You can't force me. I'm your master."

"I am a demon from the inner circle of hell," Asmodeus thundered, standing. His eyes burnt with fire, the smell of flames rose in the room,  his tail curling through his thighs and twisting down his leg like a vine. "I have stared at sights that would drive most mortals mad, I have suffered more than you can ever know, I have bowed before Satan and stood in Her presence without running mad. For me to be bested by a human is more than you should ever have dared to presume."

Daisy broke off another square of chocolate. "So you're edgy."

"What? No!"

"Ha! You're an edgy, dumbass, sex toy who's trapped on earth!" Daisy spun around on her chair and threw the empty wrapper at him. It combusted and tiny sparks settled on the carpet. She stomped them out.

"No!" Asmodeus' tail snaked out and flicked into the air. "S-shut up!"

"I compel you, as your master, to tell me if you've ever listened to My Chemical Romance." Daisy crowed.

His face spasmed. "Once! Twice!" He launched himself up. "It's a catchy beat, okay?" He roared.

"This gets better and better." She cackled. Asmodeus hid his face in his hands.

Someone knocked on the door. Daisy threw herself off the chair and at the closet, flinging it open. Asmodeus gaped at her and shook his head. She pointed. He stomped his foot. The person knocked again-

The door opened. "Daisy?" It was her brother.

"I can explain!" She shrieked, grabbing his shoulders and pushing him towards the door. He was taller than her, but she was wider than him. "You're just drunk!"

"Who is this?" He pushed her away. She thudded into the wall and covered her eyes in her hands.

"I don't believe we've met." Asmodeus' voice was...human. Female. Husky and seductive. Daisy peeked through her fingers. A tall girl wearing a blue hoodie and black jeans was standing in front of him. Even through the rumpled fabric Daisy could see her ample chest and tight curves - if anything, it made the girl hotter. She had soft eyes and dark skin, fluffy hair spilling over her shoulders. "I'm..."

"Lily!" Daisy's eyes flickered to the Harry Potter book behind Asmodeus. "This is Lily! She's new at school! We're friends, I have a friend! She just came over. Through the front door."

"I'm Darren." He pushed his hands through his hand and tucked a thumb into his belt loop. His cheeks were turning pink. "How old are you?"

"I'm sixteen." She purred, twisting a lock of hair in her long fingers. "Seventeen next month, big boy."

"I'll keep an eye out for you." Darren winked.

Daisy grabbed the back of his shirt and yanked him towards the door, locking it behind him. She glared at Asmodeus, who had swollen back up into a semi-naked demon. He shrugged and licked his lips.

"We're going to bed. I can't deal with you right now. And tomorrow we're sending you to hell, little edgelord. I'm done with you."