The End

Daisy charged Berir's back, slashing the horn. Who gave a fuck about the multiverse.

The demon didn't even look at her, she stepped out of the way. Her hand collided with Daisy, and the girl went sprawling. Daisy scuttled around and stabbed for Berir's leg. The demon kicked her in the chest, and she rolled away. Her mouth was hot with blood.

The feathers on Berir's face flared outwards, like a cockatoo puffing its crest. She bared pointed teeth and swiped at Daisy. Her claws found Daisy's back, lacerating the flesh. Gold mixed with red blood. Daisy stabbed upwards to air. Berir kicked into Daisy's stomach and dipped her face. Her horn tore open Daisy's arm. She screamed with pain. Berir howled. 

She heard a dull explosion through the burning pain and looked up. Asmodeus stood in the hole where his wall had been. He burnt bright red with the light of the sun, his bones shining through his skin and his eyes pits of fire. His markings reared and clustered into runes and markings, dispersing with his thoughts. Al stood at his shoulder, hefting a baseball bat. Lily barked from behind them.

"Don't. Touch. Them." Asmodeus snarled. The black silhouettes of his teeth were jagged and sharp. He spread his arms, his palms filling with shadows.

Daisy rolled through her own blood to the side. Al dropped to her side, ripping his jacket off and tying it around the top of her arm. She moaned, holding back screams at his touch.

The demons circled each other. Berir hissed, sinking downwards, Asmodeus swelled upwards.

Berir struck first. She darted so fast that Daisy barely saw, slashing with her talons and her one remaining horn. Asmodeus caught her arm on his, kicking out and striking a blow to the back of her knee. He tapped a rune on his chest and a wall of fire coursed towards her. It flared so high that she vanished for a moment.

The ring of fire sank down into a huge, black, snake. It lashed at Asmodeus, talons bared. He cracked his hand to the side and the snake slammed into the wall with so much force the entire floor shook. It fell to the ground, broken. Asmodeus cocked his jaw at Berir, fingers twisted upwards, ready for magic.

The air exploded, snapping and lashing at Asmodeus. His eyes flared pure white and he twisted his hands. He snarled, falling back, casting spells at lightning speed. Berir caught each attack and hurled them back. Asmodeus took another step backwards.

Berir swiped her hand through the air. As though she'd struck him, Asmodeus fell to the ground. He jerked to one side, then the other. Trapped.

Berir bent over him. She lifted his chin with a single curved, black, talon. "You fought well." She purred. Asmodeus's eyes flared.

"Mephistopheles?" He choked.

"She's in here." Berir said. "I tried so hard to love her, to get her to love me." She spat. "It never worked. So I used...another method."

"What have you done." Asmodeus' voice was low and dangerous. Berir's mouth curled upwards.

"I killed her and absorbed her essence." She spun to Daisy. "You know how I said that time was a line puzzle done in pencil?" She said. "I have the eraser. I can pull everything back into line, start it over. No more glitches, no more time travel, free to love. We'll be free!" She snarled. "The earth timeline, we'll be eternally parallel. And if our times are the same, then we can take over, breathe in the air once more. We'll all be able to rally at the same Time.

"I already have Mephistopheles. I have Skerrath, Lorc, Maie, I have Tallame. That's the thing, when you fall in love, Satan send me after you. I did my job well, so now I can save our kingdom from Her idiocy and love! I will be worshipped! The humans will Believe again! I don't have my own Love, I have all the love. Making Mephistopheles was never going to work, so I stole her soul and the love there."