37. Bailey

We decide to watch a movie in my room since my roommate is gone for the weekend—surprise, surprise—and Evan knocks on my door at exactly 7:00.

He has a pizza for us, and I have just one unpleasant moment when I remember the pizza box from the night of blackout. I push the thought away. Am I just never going to eat pizza again? Of course not.

"I thought you were avoiding carbs," I say playfully.

"Yeah, I'm not eating that. I got it for you."

I stare at him with my mouth hanging open. He's just going to sit there while I eat by myself? Again?

He laughs. "I'm kidding! Yesterday was my last day on the no-carb train. Now it's all about moderation, right?"

"Um...sure." Moderation has never been my strong suit.

Evan bends down to look at my movie collection. "Wow, you really like the classics."

I shrug, "Yeah. I have a soft spot for the 90's."

"That's actually pretty cool. I've never seen most of these, but I've heard of them."

I remember telling Nick about my love of the 90's. He'd given me a hard time about it, but it had made me laugh.

"Okay then, what do you want to watch? I haven't seen Austin Powers in awhile."

Evan lifts his hands on either side of him. "That works."

While the opening dance scene is playing, Evan and I get situated on my bed with the pizza between us. As I take my first bite, I realize I am starving. I haven't eaten all day. I would usually go to the dining hall for lunch, but I slept through it.

I finish my first slice of cheesy, greasy goodness and head for my second. "This pizza is fucking amazing."

Evan laughs. "I have to be honest, I've never met a girl who talks like you."

"Sorry," I say, covering my mouth full of food.

"Don't be. It's actually kind of cute."

I blush. "The words just kind of slip out. It's one of the effects of having a twin brother."

"You have a twin brother?"

"How have I not mentioned that?" I'm shocked. A part of me just assumes everyone already knows everything about me because that's how I grew up.

"Does he look like you?"

"God, no. You would never guess we were even related. He has red hair, like my mom," I think. "I'm sure I have a picture of him somewhere."

I reach around the bed post to my desk. My stomach sinks when I realize the only picture I have of him is the one with Nick. I take it down and hand it to Evan, looking away. "He's in the middle."

Evan looks at the picture thoughtfully. "I don't know. I think I can see a resemblance. Who is the other kid?"

"Ian's friend." That's the truth.

Evan hands the picture back, and I place it back on my desk, face down. Evan notices but doesn't say anything.

"So how did you like rock climbing?"

I'm glad for the subject change. "I loved it! When I reached the top, it felt like I could do anything. I'm thinking of jumping out of a plane next," I joke. 

"Seriously?"

"Maybe," I say, and then think about it. "I mean, if the opportunity arose, I don't think I would say no."