Chapter 2

Karter's POV
"You got to be kidding me" I heard a squeaky voice say in front of me. I looked up from my phone to see my best friend Dani staring at the field she looked pissed. I went to see what she was looking at and then I saw. The field was torn apart like a group of trucks did donuts of the field tearing up all the turf. I felt like screaming but I won't I have to stay calm.
"Where are we suppose to practice" I asked. Just then our team captain Hailey showed up with coach both not shocked by the state of the field.
"Ladies I understand this upsets you but there's no way proving who did it so we just need to move on and find a new place to practice so please meet at the bus in 15 minutes" our coach says to everyone. Hailey doesn't look so pleased with what coach says "we know exactly who did this it was those Vella players" I had to agree with her there's no way anybody else could've done this. Coach yelled to all of us but mostly Hailey "there will be no accusing of any other schools with no evidence. If I hear anybody accuse another team we will be conditioning all practice".
We all nodded and agreed.
"So your gonna come tonight right?" Dani asked me. "Come where?"
"The party tonight the one Hailey is throwing"
"Ya I think I'll pass" I hate parties the last party I went to was my sophomore year and I caught my boyfriend at the time Austin Mathis cheating on me.
"Hey Karter what's going on" speak of the devil. I forgave Austin but told him we were over and he respected it so we became close friends but it still hurt me. Austin was our schools it guy because he was the lacrosse captain.
"Our field was destroyed we have to practice somewhere else" he looked sad for me.
"Damn I'm sorry but look I gotta get to my practice so call me we can maybe go to Haileys party together after practice".
"Ya maybe I'll call you" I watch as he runs towards his car. Dani looks at my raising an eyebrow. " it's not like that Dani we're just friends" she doesn't look convinced
"I swear Dani me and Austin will never happen again I can't fully trust him after what happened" now she looks convinced.
"Alright karter, But does that mean where going to the party" I really didn't want to but Dani is my best friend so I guess I have to.
"Yes I'll go" she brightened up super quick.
"Finally where gonna have so much fun" ya I doubt that I thought to myself.
"Look coach is calling for us to go to her" I turned around to see Dani was right coach was waving us over.
" listen ladies practice is cancelled today but don't worry come Monday we will be practicing just no in our field" I was confused couldn't they just returf the field before Monday. Before I could ask coach answered my question.
"Yes they could just put down new turf but instead the school has decided to redo the entire field the turf, bleachers, track and that's gonna take a few weeks so until then I have to find us somewhere new to practice" great  I hate missing practice.
"Yes, this means we can go shopping for the party" Dani was happy practice was cancelled me on the other hand would rather be practicing right now.
"sorry Dani but if practice is cancelled I have to pick up my brother." Just then I realized I was forgetting somebody. Dani realized the same thing. "Um Karter where's your sister" great question. I have a fraternal twin sister who plays lacrosse with me her name is Lexi Miller. I love Lexi but that girl is crazy reckless. She doesn't care what people think about her she's actually my polar opposite.
"I have no clue where she's at but coach is gonna be mad when she sees her for missing practice even if it was cancelled".
"Better hope she was doing something important" Dani said.

I waved bye to Dani and walked to my car going to pick up my brother. His school was only a 10 minute drive from my school so I put up the music and the song that came on was lie by NF. I sang along until I reached his school.
"Hey Karter thanks for picking me up"
"No problem ty how was school" he looked at me laughing. "How was school?" He said in a mocking tone. "You sound like mom" now it was my turn to laugh he was right I did sound like mom.
We got home and walked through the kitchen the first person I saw was Lexi at the dinner table eating a bowl of cereal.
" Lexi why didn't u come to practice" she looked frightened by the fact that I was home. "Your one to talk why aren't you at practice"
"I went to practice but the field was destroyed so coach had to cancel" Lexi sat up at the mention of our field being destroyed.
"What do you mean 'destroyed'"
"I mean destroyed all the turf was up and destroyed." Lexi looked pissed. "I bet it was Vella there always pulling shit like this"
"Well don't say that in front of coach she said no accusing another team or well be conditioning all practice". She looked defeated and instead of finishing the conversation she went to put her bowl away and went to her room. Just then my mom entered the living room. "Hey guys how was school" both me and Tyler looked at each other and bursted out laughing leaving our mom confused as we went to our rooms.
Time to figure out what to wear for a party I don't even want to go to