Chapter 4

Dawson's POV
It's 10 o'clock and we just got to the party all 4 of us already got separated in the 5 minutes we've been here. As I'm looking around the packed room I see a bunch of people I recognize from school but also a bunch of people I didn't they must go to coral reef.
"Dawson over here" I hear somebody say but I don't know who's saying it. I look around and then I see who it is.
"Dawson what took you so long the whole team got here 45 minutes ago we wanted to play beer pong and you always win" Alice Saunders says with a fake smile on. As much as I don't like Alice I'm team captain and I have to be the bigger person
"Sorry It takes forever to look this good" I fake smile back. If she can tell she ignores it.
"Let's play" she asks. The only reason I say yes is because i know I can beat her in this to.
"Who wants to be my partner" I scream to crowd surrounding the table. Alice is already partnered with a freshman from the lacrosse team. "I will" I turn to see a very attractive girl smile to me. This girl was wearing a cute romper with high gladiator sandals. I didn't recognize her and I pretty much knew everybody at my school so she must go to coral reef. Now that I think about it she does look familiar I thinks she plays lacrosse for them. Instead of asking her I just go to play beer pong if I ask I'm gonna get myself in an argument.
"Alright I guess where partners" I smile to her. I almost think I saw her blush but it could also be that we're in a packed place and she just got hot. "My name is Hailey by the way"
"I'm Dawson" I say back. We start the game and play for a good half an hour laughing and drinking me and Hailey lost the first round but won the second and I could start to feel the alcohol go to my bladder I had to pee so bad. This girl Hailey was really cool though I didn't wanna leave and then not wanna be able to find her. I played one more round and we lost again but this time I couldn't hold it.
"Hey Hailey I have to use the bathroom"
"Ok it was fun playing with you" she said to me
"Ya I just can't believe we lost" I said with a fake sad face. "I know, we'll get em next time" she laughed. I couldn't hold it anymore I turned and hurried to the bathroom relieved when I found it and was able to go. When I was done I tried to wash my hands but there was no soap and I'm kinda a germaphobe when it come to bathrooms. I find the kitchen and go to wash my hands. It felt like the music was getting louder by the minute. There was a bottle of tequila and a group of kids from my school doing shots.
"Yo Dawson come on do shots with us" I think the kids name is Tim but I'm not sure.
"Nah I'm good you have fun though" I laugh to him. "Oh don't be a pussy tequila isn't that bad" ok that's sounded like a challenge nobody calls me a pussy. "Fine let's go". I took 3 shots and immediately felt each one. At this point I was trashed, Dylan is definitely driving us home. I needed a break so I hop on the kitchen counter and just party watch. The next thing I see is Alice giving some girl a hard time on the other side of the kitchen. I hop down from the counter a little to fast and get light headed but after a few seconds I'm good. I walk over to see what the argument was about.
"I'm so sorry" the girl Alice was talking to said. Alice has the bitchiest face on and was extremely close to ripping this girls head off. I couldn't watch this poor girl get ripped apart I had to jump in.
"Alice take it easy" I said from behind the girl Alice was yelling at. "stay outta this"
Any other girl would probably cower from Alice but I'm not any other girl.
"I don't think so I told you to take it easy so take it easy" and just like I thought Alice gave me a dirty look but walked away.

Karter's POV
The party was actually going ok I danced a little and drank allot but not to much where I'm black out drunk. I drank just enough to make decisions I'll regret tomorrow but will remember. Dani went to dance with some boy she met when we first got here and Austin went to hang out with his lacrosse friends. I just kinda drifted throughout the party talking to people I vaguely knew from school. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I walked into the kitchen to get some water I'd probably have to start sobering up to drive us home. Just as I went through the door I heard a loud smack. I look around the door to see I hit a girl and she fell and spilt beer all over her. Shit.
"Oh my god I'm so sorry" the girl looked pissed
"You bitch you did that on purpose" what? why would I hit a random girl on purpose.
"I swear it was on accident I don't even know you" she scoffed. I think I might of hit the bitchiest girl at this party just my luck
"Ugh my shoes, you got beer all over my shoes"
"Uh um I'm... I'm sor-ry I I didn't mean to" great now I've lost all my confidence and started stuttering. I felt like dying in this moment. I'd need a miracle to get outta this situation.
"Alice take it easy" I hear behind me.
I guess the girl with the bitchy faces name is Alice. She tries to tell this girl I think she called her Dawson behind me to stay outta this but she holds her ground. I think Alice is actually afraid of this girl Dawson . Before I know it Alice is gone and I whip around to see the girl who saved me. When I finally see her I come face to face with probably the prettiest girls I've ever seen no I take that back she is the prettiest girl I've ever seen. She has long blonde hair that looks straight but has curls mixed in between making her look like she belong on the beach. And her eyes looked like gold. I was honestly at a loss for words I tried opening my mouth but nothing came out.
"I think the words your looking for are 'thank you'" she says. Her words break me outta my trance. "Um ya thank you" I said as she smiled.
"I'm Dawson" she turns and hops back on the counter and just swings her legs back and forth. "Nows where you say your name"
"Huh, ... oh right my name um I'm Karter"
Great I'm making a fool of myselfim front of this girl. But why do I care I don't even know this girl.