Chapter 14

(Btw the music I choose for these chapters sometimes the doesn't song relate perfectly I just really like the music and want to share my good finding of music with everyone who reads this)

DAWSON

It's Monday and the first day of game week and I'm excited as hell for it to be here already. But meanwhile I'm waiting in chemistry and not paying attention for shit. I keep checking my phone and texting friends trying to ignore everything the teacher is saying. The only reason I have good grades is because I'm Dawson Andrews so most my teachers pass me cause they know if they don't I won't be able to take the lacrosse team to states three years in a row.
The bell finally rings and I'm off to lunch.
"Dawson can I have a word" as I'm almost out the door I hear my teacher call me back.
"Ya sure" I walk towards her desk waiting for her to speak so I can get outta here.
"Dawson I'm aware of your potential but all the slacking and mentally checking out of class isn't gonna get you very far In my class anymore" I was confused what was she trying to say?
"You failed your last two tests and I'm worried that your gonna fail my class" I'm shocked I've never failed a class before every time I do bad in a class the teacher always bumps it to a C to save my ass. This is the first time a teacher is telling me she'll fail me.
" look Mrs. Carr I can't fail that would get me kicked off the team" I was good at getting what I wanted so getting her to change my grade should be easy.
"I know of your lacrosse status but if you don't want to pass you need to get an A on the upcoming quiz and test." I'm pissed, I haven't paid attention to one thing she has said in class all quarter there zero chance I'll pass. Studying also takes time and all my time needs to go to lacrosse now that it's game season.
"Please Mrs. Carr I'll do anything else I don't think I could pass those" I clasp my hands together in a pleasing way. I even amp up the begging by bringing out my puppy dog eyes. Mrs. Carr doesn't look like she's budging though.
"I've already told you what you can do to pass, now your excuses from my class please leave." I turn around and practically stomp out of her class. I'm absolutely screwed.

Practice just began and I've been in the worst mood ever since chem class and I'm taking it out on the game. Every little mistake the team makes just makes me even more annoyed. This was not gonna be a fun practice for the girls.
"Line up!" I yell to everyone.
"I want 2v2's running and when your not in that drill I want you doing draws on the side" (if you don't know lacrosse, a draw is how the game starts it's like a different version of how in basketball they throw up the ball to start the game).  
All the girls do as I say and start the drills. I end up with Valerie playing attack against two of our starting defense girls, I'm happy with the match up it's an actual challenge and I gladly except. We finish our turn with it ending as Valerie scored. I head back to the line when I hear shouting coming from the other side of the field. I look over to see Alice and some girl that has to be from reefs team in a heated argument. I would've been happy to stay out of the drama but I'm captain and that means getting myself in these situations for the team. As I'm running over I see the girl that Alice is fighting with more clearly, it's some girl that looks super familiar but I can't quite put my finger on how I know her. She also goes to reef so I could be tripping and just seeing things.
"Alice what's up, what's going on" I reach them and immediately get between the two girls so things don't escalate.
"I overheard this bitch trash talking us and accusing us of ruining there trash field" both teams are now aware of the situation and all start heading towards us.
"Oh come on we all know it was you guys! Stop being pussy and just admit it" now it was my time to interject.
"We didn't do shit now walk away before you make things worse." I glare at this girl and I know she's affected I can be a very scary force. As much as she seems scared of me she keeps her ground. By now both teams are standing facing each other ready to brawl. Today is just god awful. To top it all off Karter has made her way to the front of her team and grabbing the girl Alice was fighting with.
"What's going on" I heard her ask her teammates.
"These Vella skanks are gonna get what's coming to them" the girl does a small lunge at us but Karter manages to hold her back.
"Lex are crazy do you wanna get kicked off the team or get grounded for being in a fight" so I now know the crazy bitch's name is lex I still don't know why I recognize her. I continue to try to deescalate things. 
"Look I'm trying to have practice so get your team and go back to your side of the field" I grab Alice's arm and pull her back.
"Now I want every girl on Vella back to the drill or we condition the rest of practice" my team complies to me and begin walking away. I can see the reef girls don't know what to do, if they should come back at us or turn around. I'm scared they'll choose option 1.
" Karter get your team before I have too" I manage to say without looking at her, Im scared that if I look at her I'll betray myself and get stuck staring. Once I'm back to our half of the field I turn to see that Karter listened to me and got her team back to their practice. My team already started the drills back up and kept at it for another hour. When practice was coming to an end I called the girls to me.
" we have work that needs to be done and allot of more hours of practice need to be put into this team but other than that good job and get outta here." I'm headed to my bag when somebody calls my name. I lift my head to Alice looking pissed.
"Words now! captain please" was all she said to me.
"What now Alice" I put my bag over my shoulder so that haul my ass outta here when this conversation finishes. I walk towards Alice so none of the other girls here whatever she has to say to me.
" what the hell was that today with the reef girls" I'm not sure what she's asking.
"What about the reef girls" her pissed expression never leaves her face.
"Your usually the first one to throw down against them but what now you wanna be nice" she's right I usually am the first one to cause the fight but today I was just not having it.
"I just wasn't in the mood to fight" I say truthfully.
"Whatever, I don't believe you" she begins to leave but as she passes me she whispers in my ear.
"I just think your going soft" and with that she was gone and so was the rest of my team. I start walking to leave to but hear my phone ringing I check to see who it is and see it's my dad.
"Hey dad"
"Don't hey dad me! Do you have something you want to tell me" he sounded pissed. I couldn't remember doing anything to make him angry.
"Um no why what's up"
" I got a very interesting phone call from your chem teacher" SHIT!!!
"Look dad it's only an F right now but I'm working on it"
"Really!? working on it, tell me Dawson you have so much time for lacrosse so how is it possible that you have an f in chemistry"
"Chemistry is a hard class dad but I'll fix it I promise"
"Your mom wasn't the one to die in that car for you to live and fail school and do nothing with your life"
Those words sting but It's not the first time he has said something like this but I don't blame him he's right it just doesn't take away from the hurt the words cause.
"I know dad it's just one class I'll fix it"
"You better or i will be going to your school and having a talk with your coach!" with that he hung up on me and my day just went from bad to worse. I just drop my bag grab my stick and decide to stay and practice longer.

KARTER

Practice just ended and I wanted to be able to talk to Dawson about everything that had been happening between us so I tell Lexi to go alone and that I'll get a ride not to worry and of course she practically ran away from me with the keys just happy to be able to have the car to herself. I look around the parking lot realizing that she wasn't here or at her car so she must still be at the files so I guess that's where I'm headed. I get to the field to see Dawson turned around on the phone I can tell she's angry when I get closer I hear that it's a conversation about her failing chemistry class. Before she sees me she gets off the phone slams her bag down and walks back on the field and starts shooting. I'm watching from a distance and I can't take my eyes off her. Sometimes when people call someone beautiful their embellishing and hyping somebody up but Dawson she was literally perfectly beautiful. She misses a shot and flings her stick at the goal creating a loud ding. I see that as my chance to start a conversation.
"What did that stick ever do to you" I chuckle at my joke but I don't think Dawson found it as funny.
"What do you want" she shoots at me with pure anger.
"Just wanted to talk" I put my hands up referencing that I'm innocent.
"Leave me alone I don't want to talk" I don't move
"Well I do so guess where at an impasse" she looks angrily at me.
"I'm serious Karter leave" I was tempted to just bolt from this conversation but it had to happen.
"No I'm not leaving" I stand my ground. Dawson steps towards me and I take a step back obviously scared of her and what she might do.
"Jesus Karter take a hint I don't like you and don't want to talk to you now bye" gotta admit hearing her say she didn't like me hurt allot more than I thought it would.
"What's wrong with you Dawson, why do you have to be such a bitch all the time" I step to her this time.
"What's wrong with me! You want to know what's wrong with me" she screams at me and I'm now regretting not leaving.
"My dad hates me, pretty sure my team hates me, Mrs. Carr hates me, I'm definitely gonna fail chemistry, and you won't leave me alone" I felt bad maybe I pushed to hard to talk to her.
"I'm sure your dad nor whoever Mrs. Carr is hate you as for your team, are you kidding they love you I mean you did get them to states two years in a row" I could see a small smile start to form on her lips. She began to sit in the grass so I followed her and sat down too.
"The chemistry part I think I can help with" she looked to me with a questioning glance.
"How could you help"
" I'll make you a deal, if you keep Alice and your team from interrupting our practices then I will tutor you in chemistry" I don't know why I'm offering this but the words just kinda slipped out of my mouth and it's to late to take them back.
"Pretty sure your friend started it" pretty sure she was talking about Lexi.
"Lexi?" I questioned
"Ya at least that's what Alice said"
"Lexi is my sister actually twin sister not my friend" was all I said.
"Ohh that explains it" I was confused by what she meant.
"What?"
"Never mind, back to to what you said, why in the hell would I want you as a tutor" she said in her  clear Dawson bitch voice.
"Because I'm in AP chem with a 120% in the class" it's true I could be a scholar if I wanted. I could see the gears in her head going as she thought it over.
"Just tutoring?" She asked
"Yup just tutoring" I put my hand out for her to take it but she just ignored it making me slowly put it down causing an awkward silence.
"Deal, we will meet at the cafe everyday after practice I need to pass a quiz next week and a test after that" I just nodded my head stood up and held out my hand to help her up. She took my hand and the moment she did the skin she was touching felt like it was on fire just from her single touch.
"Also I need a ride home cause I'm kinda stranded here" I smile at her she was not pleased.
"Fine lets go"

Dawson dropped me home about an hour ago and I couldn't stop myself from thinking about her. God I'm stupid. This whole tutoring thing has to be my worst idea yet. I had a plan to just stay away from her and these incredibly stupid feelings I have will just go away. I'm not gay and I've told myself that everyday since I've met Dawson. Maybe I'm just jealous of her and he talent in lacrosse, that could be what I'm feeling. Whatever it is I'm feeling I wanted to to go away because I don't think I'll be able to survive tutoring her everyday while suppressing all these feelings.
Pretty sure just made the biggest mistake of my life!