Chapter 13

It's been a while but I'm back and in a writing groove so hopefully I'll let out a couple chapters today and tomorrow!!!////

DAWSON

Beeeep!!
That awful sound was my alarm waking me up reminding me I promised my older brother that we would go to the park together to work on shooting but as much as I love lacrosse I wanted to sleep right now so much more. Before I could even fall back asleep there was an loud knock on my door and the person behind it didn't wait for an invitation they just opened the door and barged in.
"Wake up sleepy head time for the park" Charlie said very loudly as he jumped on my bed. I groaned and threw my pillow at him hoping he'd get the hint to get out.
"That was very rude" I sat up a saw him grinning holding my pillow. I knew what was about to happen but he was to quick for me to react. The pillow smacked me right in the face. As mad as I was I couldn't help but laugh and saw Charlie dying of laughter made me laugh even more. I liked this feeling of being happy, and seeing Charlie happy as well. My family has been through allot the last two years. The last week of my freshman year I went to a party with Charlie and we both got pretty messed up and at the time Charlie was driving so he drove us there but he was way past the ability to drive and I'm not really sure who did it but somebody took my phone and called our mom to pick us up and by the time she got there it was already 2:00 A.M On the drive home some idiot that was at that party was driving drunk and hit us head on my family lost our mother that night. I ended up breaking my leg in two different places and had to have surgery and my brother broke a few ribs. I shut down after the accident I would only focus on physical therapy and getting back to lacrosse ignoring the rest of the world. My brother had an even worse time he got addicted to the pills he had to take for his ribs. When my father found out he sent my brother to rehab he came back about six months ago and he's been clean since. My dad was never really the parent that made all the decisions and took care of us my mom did everything. He tries but it's just not the same. So that's why I put up my front of cold hearted bitch because if you let people into your life that's just more room of a chance for someone to be taken from you and ultimately hurt you. It sounds kinda like a sad life but I'm doing just fine.
Charlie's afraid to drive after everything so I'm his chauffeur basically.
"Hey Dawson what's up you ok" I looked up at my brother who had a concerned look in his eyes.
"I'm fine" I put on my famous fake smile that no one ever figures out is a total lie. I jump out of bed to get changed now wanting to play lacrosse to change what I was thinking about.

We've been at the park for an hour and I'm sweating my ass off. Me and Charlie are playing crossbar which is game to see who can hit the top of the goal more, safe to say I'm winning. Charlie has been keeping my mind busy which I'm very grateful for.
The dinner was two nights ago and today is the first day I haven't been thinking about it nonstop. What happened in the bathroom was a mistake a stupid mistake.
~flashback~
I heard a small creak with the door and push away from karter. I had made the mistake again and this time I didn't have the alcohol to blame it on.
"What is wrong with me" I heard karter say under her breath. I fixed my hair and flipped my emotions off. If I wanted to get out of this situation I had to be the Dawson everyone thinks they know.
"Ok listen up karter" she lifted her head staring at me with her dark eyes. God she looked so innocent.
"This never happened call it a sudden lapse of judgment or whatever but it NEVER HAPPENED" I emphasized the last bit so she really heard me. Before she could respond I left the bathroom and headed back to the table. I sat and waited for her to return and 5 minutes later she sat down in her seat refusing to look at me. I saw the boy Austin whisper in her ear and she smiled. I looked at Cole and he was just on his phone he didn't even realize we where back.
~end of flashback~
"Dawson watch out!" I looked up to see a ball coming straight for my face I ducked just in time for it to miss me.
"Jesus Christ Charlie what was that!" I was pissed that ball coulda knocked a tooth out.
"Sorry D I thought you heard me" I just glared at him and went back to practicing.
"When's your first game" I wind up and shoot and it's on top right corner, I smile then turn to answer my brothers question.
"This week it's against beacon high but there not good we got this one in the bag" he passed a ball to me and I did a side shuffle and did a bounce shot
"I'll be there to support you"
"One more shot and we can go home" we both grab a ball and shoot at the same time both our shots making it in with ease.

KARTER
"Ouch"
I'm startled from sleep and grab my phone the time says 3:43. I heard a sound coming from outside my room and instead being smart and going back to sleep I decide to check it out. I open my door and look down the hall when I hear another sound of a thud. I know where it's coming from it's lexis room.
I open her door to find a drunk Lexi laying on the floor of her room.
"Lexi what the hell" all I got from her was giggles.
"Get your ass up before you wake up mom and get yourself in trouble" she just looked at me smirked and attempted to get up but failed I had to help her.
"Aw karter always helping out" she slurred to me. I honestly don't know what's gotten into her when we where young we use to be so close then high school came and we went from inseparable to barely ever speaking. I got lex to her bed and helped her undress went back to her closet to get her clothes she could sleep in.
"Lexi what's going on with you" I don't really expect an answer but I was kinda hoping for one.
"Oh why cause I'm such a trouble maker, the bad seed Lexi" I guess she was gonna answer
"What are you talking about no body thinks your a bad seed" I had managed to get her hoodie on and shorts but it was definitely a struggle.
"Really miss goodie two shoes who does nothing wrong ever" I'm confused all of this is coming out of no where.
"I'm not that good lex, just go to sleep" she did just that with out acknowledging me she turned and fell asleep. I know she was really drunk and I don't want her throwing up at night with no help so I decided to sleep with her. I pulled up her comforters and jumped into her bed she groaned a little bit eventually turned over to me and cuddled next to me just like when we were younger and shared a bed and room.

"Um karter wake up"
I was shaken awake not in the nicest way either.
"Karter!" I finally open my eyes to see Lexi staring at me.
"What do you want I'm trying to sleep" she gave a small chuckle and crawled over me to get out of her bed.
"Ya well don't you have your own room to do that"
I closed my eyes again and put my head back on the pillow ignoring her for a few seconds
"Ya but I'm comfortable here" she just jumped back over me into the spot she was before except this time she has her laptop with her.
"Fine but I'm watching Netflix and I can't find my headphones so suck to suck" I just turned my head around to see the laptop scooted my head on lexis lap and watched whatever she was watching till I fell asleep again.
For a second time I'm shaken awake from my sleep.
"What is it this time lex" she didn't say anything just handed me my phone. I had two messages from Dylan asking to hang out again and like 10 messages from Dani something must be wrong. I decide to call her.
"Dani what's up" I heard muffled sound of crying and I knew something had to be wrong.
"Dani are you ok" I was scared Dani's my best friend and she sounded awful in the phone.
"Could you please come over karter"
"Already on my way" I jumped out of my sisters bed ran to my room to change. I grabbed my keys and headed to her house. I sped a little  getting to her house in 5 minutes. I knocked on her door a little to loud.
"Karter you here already" Dani said as she opened the door. I could tell she had been crying as I walked into her house for the millionth time. We went to her room and she sat me down.
"I need to tell you something important" I sat up a little straighter wanting to clearly here what she had to say.
"Tell me" she started slowly telling me a whole story about her and a boy she recently met and how she thought it was love and she let him take her virginity to only realize he just wanted that and broke up with her right after. I genuinely felt bad that must be a terrible feeling. I wanted to kill the guy.
"Come here" I reached my arms out and hugged her.
"I'm so stupid" she said through tears.
"No your not your living and trusting that's what I love about you" I pulled away and looked her in the eyes.
"My life sucks how could I let this happen" I felt guilty my best friend just spilt her guts to me and I'm cowering away from the truth. I want to tell dani about Dawson and the two 'mistake kisses' and the weird/amazing coffee date and how I'm terrified of how I think I feel for a girl. But instead of telling her the truth I kept my mouth shut and my secret stayed a secret.