Chapter 8

Dawson's POV
It's Monday morning I'm always up by 5:30. I get up go for a morning run, shower, get ready for school, and take pretty much everyone to school. First I take Xavier to school then I go back home wake up Charlie who is definitely not a morning person. Once he's ready which takes him a good 10 minutes we leave to pick up Dylan and Valerie. The first one I get is Val she hops in with a smile on her face greets everyone and then I get Dylan he opens the passenger door kicking Charlie to the back. I crank up the volume and put on a old song we can all scream along with.
We stop at a Dunkin drive thru and we all get the same coffee. Finally we get to school and all go our different ways except for me and Val we both head to US history. This class isn't as bad as math or chemistry but it's still really boring. Where learning about the Great Depression and it makes me depressed.
"Ok everyone do the assignment on the board it should take 30 minutes and then the last 20 minutes of class write all the definitions" I look at Val and she knows what I'm about to do. She tries to not laugh but it comes out anyway. I hate work and it being the first class I like to sleep so instead of doing anything I pay the kid 2 seats in front of me 5 dollars a class to do my work. The teacher always yells at me for sleeping and then she's surprised to see all my work is done her face is priceless. Before I can fall asleep Valerie starts talking to me.
"Hey so there's something you should know" she sounded serious I I put all my attention on her "what's up Val"
"Dylan is dating a girl from coral reef" she said it fast waiting to hear my reaction. I mean sure I don't like coral reef girls but if she makes him happy it's ok.
"Oh ok I guess it's fine I mean it kinda sucks she's from reef but if he's happy" she didn't look done yet though.
"That's not it, she plays for their lacrosse team"
Ok WTF! Now that's totally not cool.

-
It's last period and I'm sitting with Dylan I though about bringing up the topic of him dating a girl from coral reef but I thought it best to wait for after school so when I drive him home he's trapped and can't avoid my questions. I barely hear what the teach is saying. All I see is the clock. In 5 minutes I have practice. Slowly the minutes tick away and then the bell RINGGGGG
I pack my stuff run to the locker room and change. Because I'm team captain I have to always be first in the field. I grab my stick and bag and walk to the field. I set my stuff down put my goggles in grab a ball and go for a run. Once every one else is on the field I tell them to do a lap them stretch. Alice starts the drills with me. We pass, run, and shoot on goal for drills. I hadn't realized our coach wasn't here until it was time to split into two teams for scrimmage.
"Dawson where coach" Alice asks me. I honestly had no clue where coach was she's usually out here by now.
" I don't know  but instead just sitting here everyone get water then on the field we'll continue drills" I could hear a couple sighs and arguments but they still all listened.
Another ten minutes passed and I looked at the entrance seeing coach walking towards us. But there was a group of people walking with her. I started walking towards her and saw that the people walking with my coach was the coach and team from coral reef. Before my coach could speak I asked what they where doing here very rudely.
"What are they doing here" I got a stern look from my coach. I felt something coming from behind and saw my whole team was behind me with their arms crossed all showing their bitchiest faces. Nothing could have made me prouder.
My coach began to speak. "The coral reef girls field was destroyed so the school has opted to redo the whole field and our school has graciously said they can use half our field until it's finished. My whole face fell. How could coach allows this? This has to be the most absurd thing I've ever heard. Their our rivals how are we suppose to practice together, it just doesn't make sense. I wanted to argue but my coach was giving me a face I was actually scared of.
"Fine we get the right benches and the right field" I said in a bitchy tone.
I went to turn around and go back to practice when I saw her face. At first I thought I was seeing things but I did a double take and it was definitely her. Karter the girl from the party was here staring at me with a blank almost scared face I could feel my cheeks turning red.
I'm Dawson fucking Andrews I don't get flustered or do I blush I had to make this stop. Instead of acknowledging her I turn around flick my hair and head back towards the field and bark orders for practice to begin. I sneak a couple looks her way but try to focus mainly on lacrosse.  This is gonna be the longest season of my life. The team is working hard we start a 7v7 drill and my team is scoring left and right but we are kinda stacked with me and Val on the same side. The other team scores and yell at our defense what they need to change, they all nods and agree and the next draw they do exactly what I asked I smile and scream good job through my mouth guard. I've only been thinking of lacrosse. Maybe I will make it.

-
SO ITS BEEN A COUPLE OF DAYS SORRY BUT JUST KNOW THE NEXT CHAPTERS ARE REALLY GONNA START GOING INTO THE KARTER AND DAWSON RELATIONSHIP. IVE KIND OF ALREADY DECIDED WHATS GONNA HAPPEN I JUST HAVE TO WRITE IT ALL DOWN.  ALSO MY FIRST LACROSSE GAME IS NEXT WEEK AND IM SUPER EXCITED I ALSO HAVE PRACTICE LITERALLY EVERYDAY EXCEPT FRIDAY. SO I HOPE ILL BE ABLE TO PUBLISH SOME MORE CHAPTERS SOON.