Chapter 22

Karter POV

It's been two weeks since the our talk in the bathroom and we have hung out practically every day and texted and did make out a few times always getting too heated up in the moment almost going to far every time. I'm still not quiet sure what we are we have never talked about are status which even if we did I would have no clue what to say.
Dawson was also not lying when she said they where gonna get us back good. There team sneakily broke into our bus and hid dead fish in the seat cushions making the whole bus reek. The terrible smell went on for three days until Dawson told me what they had done and at first I was mad cause I had to sit in that horrible smell after school for three days but then when I thought about it it was actually a really good prank but even after a detailed clean the bus still smells awful.
My team also didn't disappoint by hitting them back hard. One day we had a captains practice which basically means that the coach couldn't make it so Hailey runs practice. We all left our last class early with passes made by Hailey for
'lacrosse business'
We got to the field early and poured gorilla glue smoothly all over their bench making is almost look as if it wasn't there. I wasn't the biggest fan of this prank but it definitely caused commotion on Vella's side when they all put their stuff down only to realize it was glued down. One girl even sat down before realizing and got stuck, even I had to admit it was pretty hilarious. Our team couldn't stop laughing that day.
now here we are ya still waiting for retaliation. The big game between us is this Friday and both me and Dawson are scared about it neither of us wanting to beat each other but both of us wanting to win. The closer it gets the worse I feel about the game.
It's Tuesday and me and Dawson are in our spot in the library currently laughing about some joke Dawson said.
"You have to stop joking around" I try to say through laughter.
"But you love when I joke around" she smiles poking my side.
"Not when we are suppose to be studying, now come on finish what I gave you" I point to her paper.
"But I have an A in the class now!" She sounded overly happy smiling ear to ear.
"Ya and I want to keep it that way" my voice coming out stern.
"I much rather do this though " she scoot closer to me and swung her leg over my lap pushing whatever book I had out of the way and pulling my hands to her body.
"Dawson" warning her to stop.
"Karter" she mocks me, before I can try to stop what's about to happen she kisses me. I'm now inevitably trapped. Once we start there is no power in this world that could make me want to stop. Eventually I'm kissing her just as hard as she is kissing me. After the first few times doing this we both found our boundaries but every time one of us eventually crosses a new line. Her lips detached from mine and she trailed down my neck causing a small moan to leave my lips, this only fuels Dawson even more as I feel a smile form on her lips while still trailing my neck and eventually back to my lips. If she wanted to cross a new line I could too. My hands found there way under her shirt and eventually down to her butt squeezing gently. That cause Dawson to slightly jump in my lap and start laughing in the kiss.
After a few minutes of this continued make out session we both stopped to breath with her hoping out of my lap. Both of us smiling and acting as if what just happened didn't.
"New line crossed" she says with a giggle.
"Though it only fair" smirking.
"Ok back to studying" this made Dawson frown. Instead of going back to how she was sitting, she lays down and puts her head in my lap pulling her books up to her knees and continues studying like that. I don't know how she does it but she makes my heart melt completely. Instead of continuing what I was doing I just watch her and begin playing with her hair. This moment is something that happens often with us, just complete content in silence.

———
"Dawson wake up" I slightly shake her awake. She fell asleep with me playing with her hair and it's been an hour, I just didn't have the heart to wake her up but her phone was blowing up and I didn't want her to get in trouble.
"I fell asleep?" She says in a cute groggy voice.
"Ya I let you sleep but ur phone is blowing up"
She gets up and grabs her phone.
"It's my brother, hold on" she calls him back but he doesn't pick up.
"I should probably go" we both pack up and head out of the library to her car.
"Ride?" She asks me
"Yes please" we get in her car and as we are driving silently our hands intertwine, I don't which one of us initiated it but I didn't care.
She finally pulled up to my place and I sadly got out but before I was full out I quickly gave her a peck, shocking her but ultimately getting a bright smile.
"See you tomorrow" I watched as she drove away.

———
I hadn't waited even an hour before texting her and usually I get a respond right away but it's been three hours and she still hasn't responded I'm getting kinda worried. I want to text again but I don't know if that's considered clingy.
I don't want her thinking I'm obsessing over her. I decide to not text hopefully Everything thing is ok with her brother and that she's fine.
I'm just paranoid I need sleep and thank god that tomorrow and Thursday is some holiday that our school gives off so I can sleep in and study and maybe even hang out with some friends and try to see Dawson.

DAWSON POV

I didn't want to show it in front Karter but I'm terrified right now. My brother has called me three times and texted like ten times asking to call him. My brother isn't one to exaggerate so it has to be bad. I drove as fast as I could to get home. I rushed though the doors and up to his room only to see him and Val sitting on the bed with pissed expressions.
Me and Val hasn't been hanging out much she usually is only with Charlie now and I knew that was gonna happen but if she wants to choose him over me thats her choice because I'm not gonna fight for someone who doesn't even want me in their life. It had pissed me off at first that she has been icing me out but right now I have no clue what's going on but both their faces where scaring the hell out of me.

//kind of a short chapter but I want to keep releasing them to finish the story and hopefully do a second one! Also if there's typos lmk