Tragedy struck

It was a few days later, Jared was sitting in the living room coughing up a storm to the concern of Connor. Connor told him to the hospitals but Jared didn't listen to him.

"It's only a cough. It won't kill me" he thought to himself. Nothing bad will happen from a cough! Jared kept coughing and soon got up and walked to the bathroom. He searched around and grabbed some allergy medicine and took it

He put the medicine back up and walked back to the living room sitting next to Connor on the sofa. There was nothing on the TV except old reruns of futerama and children's shows.

And I mean, he could go outside but. It was snowing and 30°F  and he wasn't up for that. Not today Satan. He thought. Soon. Connor had to go to work. So he got up and put his shoes on, he worked part time at a Museam and he wanted that raise

But, as soon as Connor left for work jared yawned and laid on the sofa and slept.

He had another dream with Evan..

He had gotten used to these by now and Evan always just warned him

"Jared. Do not go to a bar."

A bar???

Would he get into a bar fight or something??

He didn't know honestly. But he slept for what felt like five minutes. I'm reality. He slept till the end of Connor's shift at 5:00 pm.

Connor opened the door and looked at Jared "HEY." He hollered,throwing his jacket onto the other smaller male.
Jared woke up and fell of the sofa in surprise. He saw it was Connor and he groaned with an eye roll. "What?"

"Wanna go drinking with me and a few co-workers? Tonight " Connor asked Jared fixed his glasses and replied "Sure. It beats having a weird dream about Evan"

Connor was confused as of why Jared was dreaming about his long dead boyfriend but eh. He didn't care.

~Timeskip to around 7:30 pm ish~

It was two hours and thirty minutes later and Jared walked to a bar with Connor, Alana, and a few other people Connor worked with. He didn't care much about drinking but he would if he was invited to do so.

They got into the bar and they sat at the counter and everyone had some shots.

After what felt like an hour they all left. Jared was walking home with Connor.

They had kissed while drinking and Jared felt happy..for the first time in forever.

As they were walking, the crosswalk sign turned green and Jared stepped out. He didn't see but when he got to the middle. He was hit by two teens who were driving drunk. Connor had seen them and had been trying to tell Jared but his message didn't get to him

Connor teared up as he ran into the middle of the road and fell to his knees next to Jared.

Connor quickly called 911 and stays by his side. When the ambulance arrives Jared is still barely clinging to life.

Please! Jared! Don't die you asshole! Connor thought.

Jared was taken away... and Connor ran to the hospitals to wait for news on how Jared was doing.