Chapter 3

Cato

What a potato. She was familiar. No. She can't be. Is she.. the girl I had a crush on.

I decided to ask Marvel
"Who's that" I ask
"I don't know her name but her nickname is 'The girl who never misses"'.
"What do you mean never misses?"
"She never misses. If it was sport she would kick your butt. She never loses. Just because she's short doesn't mean she can't kick someone's butt."
"Strong eh"
"Very"
"So do you think I should take on her on after school".
"If you want to have a black eye, a broken arm and a bloody nose than go".
"Sounds serious"
"Yep"
"Who was the other girl?" I ask to change the subject.
"Her names Glimmer. She's from my district."
"So your friends"
"No, She doesn't even know I exist. I only admire her from a far."
"Sounds like my boi Marv has a crush". I say as loudly as I could
"Shut up" he says
We head to class now.

We got desk seats witch we're alright but we didn't get to pick our partners. "Ok, Peeta and Katniss, Rue and Thresh, Glimmer and Marvel" I could see Marv's head buried in books. I started to laugh. Not loud though. " And finally Cato and Clove" said Miss Trinket. It was Marv's turn to laugh now.
I bump into this girl accidentally and she's gonna beat me up after school. She is now my desk partner and my partner for most pair projects. Help me.

After class I asked Ms. Trinket why she put Clove and I together. She replied: "You two are from the same district. It will be easier to get along because you will have so much in common.

Now time for Sport. If what Marv said is true "kill me now"

Words: 305