08

"'cause when I got somebody, you don't and when you got somebody, I don't"

Kaycee marched into his house with confidence. She knew him and after everything that happened, she knew he would be dancing in his garage so she went straight there, not even bothering the front door.

She knocked on his garage door and waited for him to open, which didn't take long, right after the first knock he turned his music down and opened the door.

He was surprised to see her there, to say the least, and she could tell. "What are you doing here?"

His words were dry, bitter, and unrelenting, and she had to ignore the knot forming in her throat already. "Can we talk?"

"No." He said, starting to close the door but she held the thing with her hand.

"I think we need to." She tried more.

"Well I don't, I'm not doing this Kaycee." He said trying to close the door again.

"Well you're gonna have to 'cause I ain't going away until we talk." She said firmly and she could see the anger in his face.

He let go of the door giving his back to her but letting her in. Once inside she kind panic for not knowing how to start, everything she had thought of saying was far gone from her mind.

"So, are you gonna say anything?" He said.

She took a deep breath and took a step closer to him. "First, can you stop treating me like that?"

He took two steps away from her. "I don't know how to treat you any other way right now."

"Sean..." She said in her soft voice.

"No Kaycee, don't 'sean' me with your soft voice." He sighed. "I not doing this again, I... I went through hell to get you out of my system four years ago, it was so bad not having you in my life anymore and I think I kind of forgot how hard it was on these past weeks, but I remember now so this time I just gonna start earlier." He blurted out.

"You can't be so mad at me about that, I know I messed up four years ago but you didn't try to reach me either!" She said, mad at him.

"And how could I, Kaycee? There wasn't any space for me in your life, he took it all. I couldn't be the one there for you anymore because he was, and you didn't have time to be there for me." He said, and she knew it was the truth. Once she started dancing with Gabe she stopped having time to be with him.

"And you were having fun, you were winning the world and I hated myself for wishing that things would go back to how it was, because it was you and I couldn't be that selfish, I could never get myself wishing anything less than the world for you... so yes, I stopped trying to reach you so I could forget you." He said, and she could feel in her bones the pain in his voice. all these years, I've never thought he could be in pain.

She tried to speak but he was faster. "And this time I should have known better than I let myself fall in love with you because it was for what? for everything to be repeated? I not doing it, I'm ending this cycle of hurt now."

"If you just let me talk..." She tried but he was better with words than her, he had always been.

She also tried to ignore the butterflies on her stomach because he said he was in love with her, it wasn't the moment for her to feel happy about it because right now he didn't want to be in love with her, and she could tell.

"I don't wanna hear what you have to say now, you know when I wanted to hear what you had to say? Any day of the last week, any of those I would have listened to you." He said.