06

"but maybe we can hold off one sec"

In the following week, there wasn't a day that they weren't together, and she totally forgot what it was like when he wasn't around or that they haven't been close to each other for years. It was almost as if time had never passed.

But don't be mistaken, things between them weren't as it used to be. Sure, being around each other was still as easy, they still knew everything of one another, they still would laugh at everything and anything when together, and all of the other things they used to be or do when they were friends. But there was something more this time.

This time they were aware of how much they were attracted to one another, how much they liked each other and it wasn't little.

This time other things became easy too, like how it was easy for her to play with his hair, how he would hold her hand as if they've been doing it since forever, how she wouldn't mind laying on his chest or sitting on his lap, how his hands traveled through her skin as if they already knew all the possible ways.

They were as goofy around each other as they were before, but this time they also acted as two humans that liked each other as in way more than just friends, and neither of them was trying to hide those feelings.

They did a lot that week, they went to see a movie together and laughed the whole time even though it was a sad movie, and only because a guy was snoring beside Sean. They shared popcorn, mini Oreos, and milk duds. And he made the classic move of wrapping an arm around her shoulders and she didn't mind.

They've spent a bunch of time just hanging on her house too, rewatching their favorites episodes of friends or the office and making crazy foods, well he made the food and she mostly ate all of it. She also showed him pictures of how the lake house is looking after they renovated it, showed him the trailer her father got, and promised that he would love to travel with them on it. They gave baths to her dogs and made a mess, laughing more than they cleaned the dogs.

She went to his house again for the first time in years and she loved it because his family treated her as if she had never been away. And she laid on his bed with him for hours as he told her about his last family vacation while running his fingers through her hair until she fell asleep on his arms.

And they walked into class together the day after, they weren't holding hands or anything but everyone noticed that he was caring her gym bag for her and that she was wearing his dark red 'lewser' t-shirt.

They didn't explain to anyone what was happening because it was pretty clear for them that they liked each other and that no one needed to know about their lives.

Plus, there was the Gabe factor. Kaycee didn't ask Sean to keep it low key but he knew she was afraid of what was going to happen once her dancing partner figured it out that they were more than friends.

She swore to Sean that nothing romantic ever happened between Gabe and her, but it was clear to everyone that the other had always liked Kaycee so they knew that once he discovered things would change.

Sean didn't mind keeping things between them for a while, he didn't need publicity to like Kaycee and also, he didn't want things to get chaotic for her and her partner because of him. He hated that she was Gabe's partner but he would never ask her to drop out of it, it wasn't something up to him.

They weren't making it a secret, they just weren't telling about it to everyone. Only their families fully knew what was happening between them.