11

"maybe we can hold off one sec"

(warning: mature content, whatever that means to you - I believe that only you can say what's mature to you or not so just be aware - love yall)

She was laying on her bed, unable to do anything else than thinking about what almost happened at the lake.

Every time she closed her eyes she could almost feel his wet hands running through the bare skin of her shirtless torso, his heavy breathing against her lips, the slight moan that escaped from his lips to hers once they finally kissed.

gosh, Kaycee, go to sleep already. She demanded while shifting herself in bed, trying to find a way to be comfortable.

Annoyed with her on self, she laid flat with her almost bare back against the matters — she was feeling hot so that night she decided to wear nothing but some gym shorts and a sports bra.

this is all your fought, you decided to play with fire when you knew for a fact you couldn't handle. you are weak when it comes to him, and you knew it, so you shouldn't have tried to play the smart one. now you are here with him stuck on your mind and he's there, in his room, probably already sleeping. She thought to herself, hands crossed on top of her chest as she played with her fingers while her brain was running in thoughts.

or maybe he isn't, maybe he's there thinking about you while you are here thinking about him, and none of you are doing something about it... no Kaycee, don't be ridiculous. She debated with herself, staring at the ceiling.

Part of her couldn't believe that he could actually still be into her after all this time, she believed to have been just a fling that he got over during this week in which he was in every party with girls she thought to be better than her, even if the way he touched her said otherwise.

He was back into the fuckboy life, she tossed him there but he stayed by choice. He wasn't the same as he was in the week they got together. That Sean, he was in love with her, he wanted her for who she was — but that Sean isn't him anymore, she believed.

The Sean he was today was the kind of guy who has one night stands with girls he doesn't know and goes out to parties as if there was no tomorrow. He can have every girl he wants and right now he didn't want her — not the way the other Sean wanted, and again, she believed.

She turned in bed, facing the window. The curtains were closed but she couldn't still hear the lake, the crickets, the frogs. She tried to concentrate on the sounds, trying to ease her mind so she could fall asleep but she just couldn't. There was no way she was going to be able to sleep not knowing which Sean was the one that kissed her that night.

In a flash of courage, she stood from her bed and decided to walk to his room — she needed to know, she needed to be sure if he wanted her for real, or if it all became a game to him.

Once she got to her bedroom door she hesitated, fearing to be disappointed. But she took a deep breath and opened it, to her surprise and his, cause he was on the other side about to knock on it.

For a few seconds, time froze and they just stayed there, facing each other, then his eyes left hers and traveled up and down her body just as it did on the lake and the flame was up again — this time she got a chance to do the same so she also looked at him up and down.

There was no need for her to ask what he was doing by her door, the gaze he had for her was enough of an answer. And as if someone had unposed the time, they fell into each other's arms in a rushed kiss.

It was a strong kiss but not as messy as the one in the lake because they were very different kisses — the one at the lake was a kiss filled with desire and how much they missed each other, the second kiss was also filled with desire and yearning, but the most important thing was that it tried to communicate was how much they wanted to explore each other, therefore, the kiss started rushed but became calmer as they realized that neither of them was going to back away this time.