12

"every second with you I want another but maybe we can hold off one sec"

After finding themselves in the same chapter of this book they've had been writing together, all they needed to do was to get themselves on the same page, so they could go back to that week in which everything seemed perfect between them — except that it was something harder than they expected.

They wanted to be around each other, they wanted to have what they almost had once, but it wasn't that simple. They couldn't just press a button somewhere and put everything back into place — mostly because there was never a thing in place when it came to them.

Let's just picture Sean and Kaycee's relationship as a house they've built once they were kids and as they became best friends they've turned the house into a home, but as time passed they noticed it was very hard to maintain a house so they ended abandoning it but kept walking by it every day, not really forgetting about her existence but ignoring it at the same time.

Then years later they reunited inside this abandoned and racked house and decided to live in it, without even fixing the cracks in the ceiling or the broken lights, without taking the mold out of the walls or sweeping the floors and the dust from the old furniture— they didn't even notice the state the house was in, they didn't even notice that they couldn't live there as if it was their home because time has passed and the house wasn't habitable.

They only noticed the mess they were in once the walls started to crash on them because the old foundation didn't hold the new rain that dropped down on them.

And now they were sitting in the living room with no walls or roof over their heads — and even though the rain it's gone, they still wet.

Sean was still hurt, even though he didn't want to. He wanted to be with Kaycee and to have her around but he just didn't trust her anymore as he was constantly fearing that she would leave again, once he let her in.

And Kaycee wanted to have Sean back, but she didn't know how to build these walls on her own — it was exhausting, for both of them.

After they had sex with each other and during the rest of the weekend with their friends, they kept some distance from each other. They would exchange some smiles and a few words when they were with the group but nothing more than that — Kaycee was happy because that was somewhat of progress because he was trying to let her in, and so was Sean because even though being around her was still difficult it was always a blessing to be able to hear her laugh, principally if it was because of one of his jokes.

She didn't drive home back with him, she went with the others and he drove back home on his own — he was kind of sad about it but it also gave him some time to think about how much of a rollercoaster their relationship has been.

I mean, they went from best friends to nothing, to acquittances, to lovers, to nothing, to... he really couldn't label them at the moment — they weren't really something right now, maybe partners but not even that was official yet.

They've only seen each other again in their last day of rehearsals before they had to shoot — before they would be judged to know-how if they would be accepted at the company.

Since it was the last day they didn't have much time to deal with their drama because that had lots of things to perfect in the choreography seeing that they were being terrible before — thankfully the awkwardness between them was gone and they were actually bringing back the chemistry they once had while dancing.