Chapter 2

Park Jaehyung.

The school hearthrob.

The genius guitarist.

Godly vocal.

Jeongyeon can continue with his nicknames for days, but she stopped herself before she went too far.

Jae's her senior by a year. And she remembered the first time she saw him like it was only yesterday.

On the first day of school, there was the opening ceremony to welcome the freshmen. Lots of the school club performed, from the gag club to hiphop. Day8 also performed, right at the end.

All the girls went crazy over how good looking and good they were. Jeongyeon was one of the girls that fell for Jae back then, along with Nayeon and another mountain of girls.

It was nice to like someone, to look up to them even though it was platonic. But they couldn't express it anymore.

Since they joined Twice, they couldn't fawn over him openly due to the number one rule of the group.

Park Jaehyung is your biggest enemy.

Nayeon was all cool and chill about the ban on liking Jae, she even moved on to Dowoon, the drummer. But for Jeongyeon, it was one of the hardest things to do.

She doesn't know what happened between Jae and Jihyo in the past, but everytime the name slips out of a member's mouth or just hearing it being said by a passing student, Jihyo would turn deadly cold and sometimes goes on a rampant.

Seeing him from up close in a deserted and dark room made the feeling of admiration came flooding back to her. She doesn't like him like a crush. Well at first it was, since he's so handsome and tall. Now, it's not just about his face. Or guitar skills. It was him as... him.

Jae never fake himself and pretends to be someone else for the sake of the crowd. He said whatever is in his mind, and does whatever he thinks is right.

He's like a role model to her. The person she look up to. Her idol.

And now, he's squatting there, just a few inches from her with their nose nearly touching, and him wathcing her from behind his trademark round glasses.

"You still there?" Jae waved his free hand on Jeongyeon's face.

That took her back to reality, then Jeongyeon moves as far away as possible from Jae.

She still sat on the floor, but now her back is on the sound amplifier. The beating of her heart were loud, loud enough Jae might be able to hear it, and fast even though she had tried to slow it down.

"Wh-what are you doing here?" Jeongyeon choked out. Her voice were squeaky and cracked, and she regretted attempting to speak in the first place when she could play it cool and leave.

Jae let out a soft chuckle, probably holding back his laugh.

"Let me see," Jae stood up and move to sit behind the drum set beside Jeongyeon. "This is the storage room that we transform into the band room. I'm in the band. And you're the school deliquent.

"So the question is, what are you doing here?" Jae emphezise the word you as he leans in to get a closer look on Jeongyeon.

He was right. This wasn't her place and it was wrong for her to be here in the first place.

"Sorry," Jeongyeon said weakly as she stood up. "I'll--"

"But," Jae interupts. "It seems like you're distressed so I'll let you use this room for today. Hell, I even have the time to listen to you."