Chapter 3

The next day, Jeongyeon made sure she reach school 30 minutes earlier. The school weren't as crowded as usual when she barely made it five minutes before the bell.

"Jeongyeon!"

Jeongyeon turns to see who called, and her stomach did a somersault after seeing who it was.

Jae was walking towards her, waving his hand and smiling so brightly the sun might lose it's job.

Then, she remembered where they were. The school's yard. Anyone could easily spot her and Jae.

The thought of Jihyo or the other Twice member found out got ahead of herself and she forces her body to turn and ignore Jae.

Jeongyeon bit on her bottom lips as hard as she could. If she weren't in Twice, would they grow closer? Would they be friend? Or... a couple?

The thought alone had manage to make Jeongyeon smile. But that didn't last long. Her eyes quiver when her eyes landed on Jihyo and Dahyun, watching her like a hawk from the school enterance.

She stopped dead on her track. Did they see?

"Hey! Is it just me, or did you just blantly ignore me?" Jae put a hand around Jeongyeon's shoulder. When he didn't get a reaction, he turns Jeongyeon to look at him and waved a hand in her face. "Hello?"

Even from the distance, Jeongyeon realize the change in Jihyo's eyes and the way her whole body stiffens and her hand balled at either side of her.

"Stop touching me!"

The only way to save herself is to act like she doesn't know Jae. So she slaps his hand away and took a step back.

Confusion written across his face as he furrow his brow together.

"I don't know you! And stop acting like you know me!" Jeongyeon look at him straight in the eye, hoping he could catch her signal and knew that she had no other choice.

"I know we only get to know each other a few days ago. But don't you think it's rude to act like this?"

Jeongyeon bit on her lower lips and took a deep breath to calm herself. She couldn't lose it here.

Around them, many atudents slowed their pace just to see the odd pair staring at each other.

"Jeong?" Jae called and moved closer. "Sure you don't need to take the day off? Or would you like me to take you to the infirmary?"

Shaking her head, Jeongyeon took a step back. This might be the perfect timing to run as if she doesn't know anything.

And she decided to run.

Jeongyeon started wakking away from Jae, who she thought for sure, stayed glued on his spot.

But, once again, she underestimated Jae.

Jeongyeon only walked for about five steps before she felt her wrists being held back by someone, stopping her completely.

She doesn't need to turn around to know whose hand is holding hers. Her heartbeat fasten as she sees Jihyo walking closer towards her, fists balled.

Jeongyeon heart dropped to the pit of her stomach and her breath hitched in her throat with tears already pooling in her eyes.

She did everything she could to act like she doesn't know Jae. But the fact that Jae called her out first, held her hand, and actually talked to her although he never did before.

He might not know it, but Jae gave her away to the devil.

•••

A/N

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!!

Koy3on happy now?

School literally took away all of my time. Even my free time.

Hope you're happy I've finally updated!!

Will try updating soon, maybe even tomorrow?