5 • The Harbored Heir

T h e  H a r b o r e d  H e i r
2 n d  P O V
2 / 1 5 / 1 9
• • •

Your vision had blurred to the point where you could only rely on the fading noise in your audios. You were a weight Optimus struggled to keep walking on your pedes. Your steps were slow and heavy. The mech's words of encouragement and assurance between grunts were appreciated, albeit unhelpful. You would've smiled if you weren't on the verge of unconsciousness.

Bulkhead transformed as he came close Optimus' signal.

"Optimus?" The clumsy bot called out. His steps made the forest ground vibrate.

"Bulkhead!" The mech jogged over to the sound of his leader's voice. He soon located him, only to find you strewn across Prime's shoulders. Bulkhead froze up.

"Prime! Why are you with them? What happened?!" Bulkhead asked in befuddlement. His anger from seeing you showed in his voice.

"I'll explain once we get back to base, but right now I need you to take her from me! Gently!" Optimus ordered him. Bulkhead was hesitant in his actions, but he trusted his friend enough to do what he was told. The green mech swept you off your pedes and held you bridal style, mindful of your wings.

"What're we gonna do with 'em?" Bulkhead asked.

"We're gonna help them, Bulkhead. Take them back to base, I'll make sure the Decepticons and Elite Guard don't see you. Ratchet should have the Medbay ready by the time we get there," Optimus informed him. He drove off and Bulkhead ran after as quietly as he could without causing you too much discomfort. The green mech didn't know what on Cybertron the Prime was doing, he just hoped he had a plan. Harboring Decepticons wasn't exactly legal.

• • •

Prowl and Bumblebee returned to their home, notifying their leader that the enemy had gotten away. Blitzwing and Lugnut returned to their home empty-servoed, something they would be heavily reprimanded for.

It was a half hour before Optimus and Bulkhead had arrived at base. Optimus made sure everyone knew that they would be late to avoid his own reprimand from Ratchet.

"Ratchet, are you here?" Optimus asked, transforming as he entered. His teammates turned to look at him from their spots on the couch.

"Yes! What took you so long, anyways?! You asked me to prepare the Medbay, so if you're injured-" Ratchet's grouchy interrogation came to a halt when Bulkhead walked in.

"Prime is that-" Prowl was interrupted.

"You brought Y/N to our base?! What is wrong with you?! Now Megatron is gonna hunt us down for them and the AllSpark fragments!" Bumblebee panicked, hopping to his pedes.

"For once, I agree with Bumblebee!" The medic snapped. "You brought the heir to the Decepticon throne to our home?! Is this why you said to set up the Medbay?!"

"I know you all have questions, ones I'm going to answer. But right now, they need immediate medical attention. I need you all to trust me on this, please," the Prime stressed. Ratchet scoffed and groaned but ultimately complied. His servos tightened into fists as he motioned his helm for them to follow him. The rest of the team followed.