28 • The Heir Says Happy Holidays

T h e  H e i r  S a y s  H a p p y  ( B e l a t e d)  H o l i d a y s
2 n d  P O V
1 / 4 / 2 0 2 0
• • •
A/N: Happy belated New Year!
• • •

   You twisted and fought against the thick liquid you were trapped in. You tried to push yourself out with your Decepticon strength, to escape Soundwave's grasp and save your team, but to no avail.

   Optimus shouted, "Keep fighting! Remember, this is all an illusion created by Soundwave!"

   Bumblebee voiced your exact thoughts, "Sure feels real to me!"

   You noticed the gigantic servo holding you all was glitching. Next thing you knew, it disappeared, and you were all falling from a great height. Luckily, you could fly (they could too, vut clearly they don't remember that part).

   You activated your thrusters and flew around, trying to catch your friends. You caught your lover first, and then Prowl.

   "Oh yeah, catch your favorites first, why don't you!" Bumblebee yelled as he descended. You didn't bother with rolling your optics.

   "You can too! To reiterate: this isn't real!" You caught the yellow compact too before deciding it was best to leave the others. They would be fine!

   Ratchet and Bulkhead landed harshly, the medic making sure to grumble about how you didn't bother with him. You slowed yourself as you landed. Your pedes hit the ground softly, and you set the three mechs that'd been holding onto you down.

   "Thanks for the ride," Optimus said, a small smile gracing his features.

   A warm smile graced yours too. "Thanks."

   "Guess I don't know my own strength," Bulkhead commented, standing up.

   "More likely there's a weakness in Soundwave's VR program," Ratchet replied.

   "Perhaps I can exploit that weakness," Prowl proposed, holding up a digit. He began humming immediately. Bee made sure to complain.

   Prowl disappeared within seconds. It wasn't long before he reappeared on one knee, seemingly in pain. You and your lover hurried over to him in concern.

   "Prowl, are you alright? What happened?" You quickly asked.

   Prowl paused. "I . . . I underestimated Soundwave. A mistake I won't be making twice." You stepped back as he stood up.

   A bright light took over your vision. When it was gone, you realized you were all human again.

   "Not again," Bee whined.

   "He's regaining control of the virtual world," the Prime observed.

   "C'mon," Ratchet growled, clutching his fists, "transform already! Don't leave me stuck in this flesh bag!"

   You sighed and shook your head. "Relax guys. We'll all be back before you know it! But first, we need to find Soundwave's interface. Like a visual icon or something!"

   "You mean, like that?" Bee pointed out the large, purple vehicle with red highlights swerving in the team's direction. You jumped out of the way and watched it drive on. Questions filled your head.