19 • The Heir Needs a Break

T h e  H e i r  N e e d s  a  B r e a k
2 n d  P O V
8 / 3 1 / 1 9
• • •

   "Back off Autobots! This is between me and the happy little Sumdac family!" The Headmaster yelled.

   "Happy?! Family?! I think you have the wrong Sumdac," Sari spat.

Optimus ignored the comment and whipped out his axe. Slamming it onto the headmaster unit, he made the Starscream body's pedes hit the concrete below. He shot his grappling hook around the legs before transforming and dragging the enemy around. As soon as the grapple was unattached to Optimus, the Prime drove over to you and the Sumdacs.

You would've liked to help, but Optimus seemed to have it. Besides, he had more experience with the Headmaster, and you needed a break.

You scooped up the Sumdacs and placed them between some dumpsters. "Stay here!" Sari put up angry protests. "Just stay down and out of sight!"

You were hit with Starscream's blaster immediately after.

"Y/N!" Optimus yelled out in distress. You flew into the air and had the wind knocked out of you when you hit the ground on your backstruts. Your wings shook from the pain.

Your lover threw himself in front of you to take the onslaught of punches that'd come for you. You must've taken a little too long, because as soon as you got to your pedes, Optimus had been launched onto the elevated highway above.

"Optimus!" You shouted, suddenly full of concern.

The Headmaster took the Starscream body up for a look. When he didn't see the Prime, he turned back for the Sumdac family. That's when Optimus drove off the bridge and landed on the flying mech. The two slammed onto the concrete below.

You quickly ran over to the hole Optimus made in the ground. You helped him up, and gently but swiftly lifted him out and set him out on the ground. You would've fretted over him more, and Optimus would've flushed more at your adorable concern, had the Headmaster not managed to get back up too.

"Turning your back on me?!" The enemy yelled, tearing a chunk of the concrete ground out. "Mucho bad idea, duderino!" You saw him throw it and spun around to protect Optimus. The projectile nailed you on the back, causing you to yell in pain. You turned to land on your side so your angel-style wings wouldn't get hurt, and you wouldn't land on Optimus.

"Masterson!" You heard the professor demand the attention of the man puppet-ing Starscream's body. "I am the one you want. Leave Sari alone! She is my daughter, and I love her, and no one touches her! Especially not someone riding around in some big, dumb, giant head! Now come and get me!"

Sari defended her father as you and Optimus helped each other off the ground. He tore himself out of your arms and ran back, despite your protests.

   He was far braver than you, but far less durable.

   The Prime transformed and rammed into the Headmaster, using his arms to hold the jet in place. Henry Masterson dug the body's pede tips into the ground and pushed back by firing up the heel thrusters. Both of them flew back onto the Burger Bot, crushing it. Smoke erupted from what was now a wreckage.