12 • The Distressed Heir

T h e  D i s t r e s s e d  H e i r
2 n d  P O V
7 / 6 / 1 9
• • •

"Any sign of those dinobots?" Ratchet asked through the computer comm. You, him, and Ratchet stood in the control room, surrounded by Cybertronian tech. You watched Prowl and Bulkhead through a monitor screen.

.::Nothing, Ratchet. I'm starting to think those reports of rampages were nothing more than exaggerations.::. Displeasure coated Prowl's voice.

"We're not taking any chances, Prowl," Optimus told the ninja bot. "That's why I had Ratchet lens you his EMP generator and those stasis cuffs."

.::Still, I hardly think they're necessary. The dinobots are territorial, but if left alone they're perfectly happy.::.

"I'd like to meet the dinobots soon," you sighed, leaning your hip into the giant computer console. Your angel-style wings fluttered behind you.

"I don't know if that'd be such a good idea, Y/N," the Prime replied. All the possibilities of things that could go wrong popped into his processor.

"Oh come on, Op! Prowl's told me all about them. They seem a bit temperamental, but they are dinosaur robots."

Optimus sighed. He seemed to be doing that a lot lately. "So much has been going on, Y/N, and you just recovered from the whole Constructicon ordeal."

"It took like a day to recover. It's been a week. You're just being overprotective." You sighed as he blushed and looked away to hide it.

"Y/N's got a point, Prime," Ratchet piped up.

A roar sounded beyond the bushes near Prowl crouched and Bulkhead hunched over him. You watched with your servos clasping over your intake as Grimlock ran out and knocked Bulkhead to the ground. The dinobot roared, and Prowl dodged the fire that blew out of Grim's toothy jaws. Grimlock looked over at a bird's nest.

"No!" The ninja bot cried out in distress. Before fire could hit the little chicks, Prowl hit Grimlock with the EMP generator.

"Woah, you really nailed him," Bulkhead commented, rubbing his sire helm as he stood.

"I-I had no choice," Prowl said, still shaken.

The other two dinobots came out from the dense forest. Prowl glanced at them before approaching the fallen dinobot, next to his larger teammate.

"You better put the stasis cuffs on him. He could come out of that!"

Prowl walked over to the bot's clawed pedes where he noticed a spike half-buried in one. He touched it, and Grimlock groaned in pain, his pede jerked away. Ratchet guided the slim bot through the steps.

"Oh, I hope he'll be okay," you commented worriedly, biting your derma. You sympathized for the metal beast. Optimus nearly fell into a loving trance thinking about how compassionate you were.

.::Ultra Magnus to Optimus Prime!::. The leader of Cybertron appeared the screen next to Prowl's screen. You almost jumped in surprise. You distanced yourself from the screen and stood close behind Optimus. .::I've got bad news, about a decacycle ago the Decepticon prisoner, Starsceam, escaped. I would've contacted you sooner, but our ship's tachyon transmitter went missing.::.