Season 3, Episode 22 - Goodbye (Redone)

Author's Note: Holy crap guys we made it to the end of Season 3. I am so so grateful for all the support this book has gotten. This chapter is so emotional for me to write because it truly was when we said goodbye to a lot the main cast and the start of the new adventures of Season 4. I'm really looking forward to starting Season 4 because I have a lot of ideas that were not in the original show and I hope you all enjoy what I put forward. With that being said I hope you enjoy the Season 3 finale!

Cut to the hallway of McKinley High where Will Schuester is making his way to the choir room as the original New Directions, Tina, Kurt, Rachel, Mercedes, and Artie are performing 'Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat' much like they had during the first Glee rehearsal as the other members of the Glee Club watched smiling and laughing at the old number. Will couldn't help to think back of how far they came from their original rehearsal especially with all the new members that joined since then. As the original new directions held their final pose everyone cheered.

"That was the most ghetto number I have ever seen," Santana said shaking her head as the original New Directions finished their performance. "Then just call me George Jefferson, because we went from the ghetto to the penthouse. National champs, baby!" Artie exclaimed as the New Directions cheered as everyone took their seats as Will began to write 'Goodbye' o the board. "This week's assignment is easy. Graduation is just a few days away. There's nothing left to prepare for. Our work here is done, so there's only one thing left to do: Say goodbye. Underclassmen, pick some songs to say goodbye to the seniors; seniors, pick a song to say goodbye to us," Will said as the New Directions nodded. "A part of me wants to lock these doors and stay in here with everyone forever," Mercedes frowned. "We can use the wastebasket for the toilet, and then we could eat Joe for the food, since she's been here the shortest, so we know her the least," Brittany suggested as Joe gave her a look as Will got out his guitar. "I really hope you're about to rap," Quinn said emotionally. "No such luck. I'm leading by example here. This one is for you guys," Will smiled as he began to strum the chords on his guitar to the Rod Steward hit 'Forever Young' dedicating it to the New Directions who couldn't help but be emotional saying goodbye.

Cut to Kurt walking down the hallway as he reflects on his time at McKinley High School. "When I first got to McKinley, I was afraid to make eye contact. I didn't talk about my politics, I didn't share what was in my heart I oh, let's just call the Cadillac pink and be done with it. I was in the closet," Kurt said in a voice over as he approached his locker "And most days, I was also in the Dumpster.But McKinley has made me a stronger, more socially conscious, fashion-forward person." Cut to two guys who are dressing outwardly gay as Kurt looks on proud. "And perhaps I played some small part in making it possible for tadpole gays all over Lima to be themselves in public. Not a bad legacy for someone who once pretended to be in lust with Rachel Berry so I wouldn't have to date Mercedes Jones. Now if can just get through the next few days without turning into a hot mess teary train wreck," Kurt said in a voice over as he made his way to the auditorium where his father has asked him to meet him.

"Dad why on earth did you want to meet me in here?" Kurt asked confused as something hit him Oh, my God- my NYDADA letter came, didn't it?" "Not yet. Sit down," Burt said as Kurt took a seat in the audience as Burt stood onstage. "I want to give you your graduation present," Burt said honestly. "Is Elaine Stritch here?" Kurt asked in a hopeful tone. "I don't know who that is," Burt said shaking his head "See, this is the problem with getting you gifts- I can't make heads or tails about what it is your like." "Dad, I'm easy. Just get me something from Tom Ford's Vanities in Vanity Fair," Kurt shrugged. "Good to know," Burt said as he changed his demenor when talking to Kurt "So somewhere around your seventh birthday, I lost you. Before that, you were a normal kid. I mean, a kid who liked to dust, but You know, I read you to bed, I put cartoons on TV when you were bored. I taught you how to ride a bike the normal stuff. And then you turned seven or eight, and you start to become this. And, uh, it was like I was living with an alien. I mean, I tried to keep up, but, uh, you know, once your mom passed, I I really I didn't stand a chance." "You did good, Dad," Kurt assured his father who smiled at him "I am proud of what you and I did together." "I'm proud of us, too," Burt agreed as he was joined out onstage by Brittany and Tina "Do you remember when it started? When we turned a corner and started walking towards each other, rather than in opposite directions?" "Tell me," Kurt said confused as to where this was going. "Aw, screw that, I'm gonna show you," Burt smirked as he put on a sequin glove "It was in the basement of our old house. You were wearing a unitard." "Oh, God, Dad, please don't do this...." Kurt began. "Sit down and accept your present," Burt smirked as he turned to Tina and Brittany "Hit it!" Burt then did the 'Single Ladies' dance with Tina and Brittany much like Kurt had done back in the day.