Chapter 10

Ji Hyo's POV

As days get by, Gary and I gained fame around the school. We were well known as the rich siblings, and people admired me for having the luck to be adopted by Gary's parents. People all knew that Gary disliked the Running Man gang from his actions. The school was now separated into two gangs, the Rich siblings gang and the Running Man gang.

I was really happy at the school's situation at this moment. As we are growing more famous around the school, Jong Kook lessen his act of bullying as he wanted more support. I was killing two birds with one stone! I was fluttered with excitement as I successfully helped some escape from the route I once suffered.

I had a goal. I'm going to have revenge, and make Jong Kook regret his past actions. At the same time, I'm going to take this opportunity to change the school, and stop any act of bullying.

Jong Kook's POV

" Why are we not finding any more preys Kookie?" The maknae of Running Man gang, Joong Ki asked sulkily, " It's been so Long since we last attacked someone. The thrill was Long gone... when are we going to do it again!"

I stoned when I heard this question. Even I myself did not know the answer.

" Not now... we cannot afford losing any more support. No more bullying, for now. The rich siblings have more power than you think," I blurted out an answer, which I knew was not what I thought.

"Can you stop being a coward, Kim Jong Kook?! You were never like that before. Stop backing off! We need to face this and show them whose king!" Jae Suk flared up in anger.

This made me gripped my fist tight. No one in the gang ever dared to speak to me like that before. His words however, hit me to my bones. I knew he was right. My conscience stopped me from punching him.

Seeing me without reaction Jae Suk continued, " Jong Kook do something would you! We can beat them, we-"

My anger level burst, and I cut him off, " I KNOW WHAT IM DOING SO SHUT UP" I stomped away, with mixed feelings of anger and regret.

Sorry Jae Suk... I know you meant well for Running Man gang... but I have my own troubles...

I ran to a small corner and wept silently. I'm weak and broken. I feel lost. I did not know what to do... My instinct told me to stop bullying for Ji Hyo... She wanted peace in the school, she had a motive to stop bullying. If I continue... I will never win her heart....

All my thoughts were about Ji Hyo nowadays... It seemed like I had placed all my guilt for Seong-Im on Ji Hyo. I had no idea when this started happening, but Ji Hyo's frown made me sad and Ji Hyo's smile made me burst out in happiness. My life was all around Ji Hyo, and Eun Hye's place in my heart faded...

Now, all my feelings for Eun Hye came from guilt. I betrayed her when she was young and left her alone.... Now, my feelings made me betray her love and trust again... How am I going to face her again?

My life was in a mess but my actions all followed my heart. I was trying to side Ji Hyo and protect her...

But... if that's the case, how am I going to face my Running Man brothers?

What... should I do? Should I choose love over brothers and conscience? Or visa versa?

I was in a dilemma, and Ji Hyo's entrance blocked my strain of thought.

Ji Hyo's POV

I was walking along the corridor when I heard a sign of weeping.

Is Jong Kook starting his act of bullying again?! Did someone get bullied again?

I rushed forward with the mindset of comforting the person, but I was taken aback. To my surprise, the person crying was Kim Jong Kook.

I could not believe the mighty, evil big bully Kim Jong Kook, that crushed my life once, was cuddling himself at one corner. He was crying.

He must have met some problems... Pff.. such an evil person who thinks he has the priority over others deserved some repayment for his actions.

I had no idea what he was crying for, but a smirk came out of my mouth unintentionally. I showed no sympathy to him.

I mean, why should I? He showed no sympathy to me in the past when I tried to avoid him and even begged him on my knees to let me free.

However, almost immediately, I forced out a poker face. I reminded myself that my goal is revenge, and for me to succeed, no one must know that I am Seong-Im, especially Kim Jong Kook.

"Are you ok?" I forced out a smile and tried to be caring.

Jong Kook stared up at me and his face went flushed red. He wiped his tears in embarrassment and gasped, " Im fine, yea, really, I'm fine. Please don't tell anyone about this... yea I'm fine... yea" He murmured his last few lines repetitively and ran off.

I had no idea what was going on but I was curious to find out. I ran after Jong Kook and grabbed his hand, exclaiming, " What happened? I really can help. Don't mind my Brother, he is competitive. So sorry that he kept competing with the Running Man gang lately. Now back to the point. You seem sad, are you really okay? I'm a good counsellor you know?"

I flashed him a cheery moon-eye smile, trying to make myself more attractive.

Yes, at this point a new plan came to my mind! I can care for Jong Kook, make him attracted to me and rely on me. At that point of time, I'll let him go on his own, and leave him, breaking his wings apart. He would not have the support from Yoon Eun Hye, that two sides lady, Nor the evil Running Man gang anymore. They will hurt each other through the process, and...

I smirked even harder at that thought.

"I'm fine..." Jong Kook said, flustered. His face was now as red as a tomato, and he struggled to release my grip.

"Your face is... really red. You are not having a fever, are you?" I approached with a caring tone.

"No... no..." Jong Kook looked at his watch, " I had to go, bye" He escaped from my grip and ran away, at a fast speed, without turning back.

My plan... was already working from the start . I did not know it would progress so successfully~~

I decided to head back to my dorm. I could not wait to tell Gary my plan. Of course, I would not tell him the process~ I did not want him to start worrying for me again.

I turned my head. I saw Gary, standing there with an eyebrow raised. His facial emotion seemed angry.

Did... he just heard the whole conversation?

Swept dripped from my forehead as I scratched the back of my head awkwardly.

"Hi...?" I waved my hand at him. The atmosphere was tense.

"So, nothing to say?" Gary sounded angry, really angry. "I thought you wanted revenge. Now I know you just wanted a chance to get closer to Jong Kook. Thanks~ Thanks a lot for using me."

Wait what?!!

"Wait listen Gary!" I tried to shout to hold him back, but Gary just stomped off in anger.

A/N: HI readers!!! Sorry for the one day late update. I wish everyone a happy Lunar New Year(Eve)!!! Hope you guys enjoy this chap, I talked more about Jong Kook and Ji Hyo's relationship. Next chapter, there will be more Monday couple scenes for sure!!! Gary's jealous~~~ I'm getting excited writing this haha!! If y'all enjoyed this pls give me a small star as an encouragement. A comment would be appreciated as well!!! If you want to give advice on writing, just leave it at the comment box. I'll read them and try to edit those who you feel was badly written( for those which are advice) Thank you so much readers!! I love you all❤️