Chapter 11

Gary's POV

What?! How can she?! Was she using my love and admiration  just to gain fame and Jong Kook's heart? Were all those stories about her being bullied lies?! 

My fist gripped harder the more I think about the scene I just saw. Ji Hyo, no it's Seong-im . Her caring words to Jong Kook. Her sweet tone and warm eyes, aren't they supposed to be mine?! How can she do it to Jong Kook, how!! I'm so much better than HIM, I have money, I care for Seong-im, I helped her recover her memory...

Just then, Seong-im entered, breaking my train of thoughts.

"Gary wait!"Ji Hyo pant, trying to catch her breath,"Can't you give me time to explain?!"

I rolled my eyes in annoyance,"Well sure, go on and explain what I saw, on how you cared for Jong Kook. Oh, or are you going to say I'm doing it as a plan for revenge again" I said with sarcasm.

Ji Hyo's POV

Gary's tone was full of sarcasm. He probably would not believe me even if I spoke the truth. I did not know what to do. I kind of regretted my decision. If I knew that Gary would misunderstand, I definitely will talk to him before acting... I...   

I took a deep breath and tried my best to explain with the truth,"Believe it or not Gary oppa, I'm definitely NOT in love with Jong Kook, and that care was REALLY all an act. I just thought of that idea on the stop when I saw Jong Kook blushing red when he saw me. I had no time to inform you, that was a good chance! I can make him feel like he got my heart and push him away after that. He will lose Eun Hye, Running man gang and me at the same time! Isn't that great?!" 

I stared at Gary with a stern face, but deep inside me I was praying that he believed me. I won't be able to proceed on with my whole plot without him acting with me. If he leaves, so do I. I won't see Running man gang again, and everything will go back to square one.

Gary's POV

Her explaining made me feel like trusting her again, her long explanation, her stern face, her convincing look... Everything about her makes me feel like trusting her.

Gary! Wake up! This girl could be lying. After all if she really made everything up, she is just a bastard full of lies and good acting...

After some mental fights, my brain gave in to my heart and I told myself to trust JiHyo one more time. After all, life at our little hut... Ji Hyo's reaction when she regained her memory... it all just seemed too real to be a lie. Ji Hyo's so perfect, how can I doubt her truthfulness to me!

"Yea... Of course... of course I believe you..." I stumbled in awkwardness, and mumbled a"sorry" behind.    

Ji Hyo's POV

Did I just hear Gary apologising? It sounded so soft but I couldn't have heard wrongly. I grinned brightly, glad that he trusted me. If I were him, I might not have done the same. After all, I don't think I sounded convincing.

"Thank you oppa. Thanks for treating me so well, thanks for giving me a whole new life in our small hut, thanks for recovering me memory, thanks for helping me take revenge, thanks for all you gave me...." I couldn't control myself, as tear whelmed out of my eyes. I hugged Gary tightly.

 This guy is way too perfect for me... I don't deserve him... but I'm glad he came for me...       

Jong Kook's POV

I ran off in a hurry. I did not want Ji Hyo to judge me for my terrible look at that moment. My whole face was red hot like tomato, filled with tears, and my hair is so messy. Gladfully no one else saw me at that moment, if not who would ever support the Running Man Gang in the future?! 

I was so embarrassed.

How will Ji Hyo think of me? Will she feel that I am a very useless cry baby? How can I gain her heart with such a poor first impression?

But... just now... did she just care for me? Does this mean she is interested in me?

Thoughts about Ji Hyo flooded my head. I had fallen head over toes for her. I saw through my heart, that all of it belongs to Ji Hyo. This was when I knew, clearly, that I should talk things out with Eun Hye. Yes, I know I shouldn't hurt her the second time, but if I be her boyfriend without truly loving her, isn't that a harsher way to hurt her? It is time to make things clear, to tell Eun Hye who is the one I really love.

Who knows?  She may not be in love with me anymore. I mean... she rejected my apology last time...? Maybe she doesn't like me anymore. Maybe she won't be hurt. Maybe... Maybe...

I tried to brainwash myself, despite knowing deep down that Eun Hye still loves me.

Author's POV

Jong Kook's mind is full of Ji Hyo, but little did he know that Eun Hye was watching him all along. She witnessed Ji Hyo caring for Jong Kook, and Jong Kook's shy reaction. 

She knew everything.

Eun Hye's POV

My fists clenched harder and harder. I gritted my teeth in anger. I could not believe my eyes. Jong Kook seemed to have changed fully. He was not the fearless, brave, muscular gangster head in the Running Man gang anymore.  He seemed to have gone back— back to the young Kookie I know when I was young, only that this time round the main character in his story is not me. It has been so long since I saw this side of him... I have to admit, deep inside I really missed it. Quickly, I wiped away tears that formed uncontrollably.

Eun Hye, you have to stay strong! How can you let a small Ji Hyo snatch away Jong Kook! She just came into his life, but you were once every part of his life. You were even present in his childhood memories. Jong Kook is just trailing away from you because of your message. You told him to give you time! Well, he did, but in the meantime, men being men, they tend to find other partners while waiting... Ji Hyo just managed to slip in BECAUSE you gave her the chance. Now, it's your turn to fight back.

Yes, it's my turn to fight back. Jong Kook is MINE, and he will always be MINE.

I stared into the air with hatred. My stare grew firmer and firmer. I knew what I had to do, and what I will do, NOW.      

A/N: I tried my best to write in a similar writing style as the past XD I hope it ain't too disappointing. Hope you readers will like this chapter. I included some Monday couple scenes, and of course, Jong Kook-Eun Hye couple fights. Added a cliffhanger at the end. What will Eun Hye do? I'll upload the next chapter ASAP, and not procrastinate. I'm really sorry for disappearing  so long! I'm back, no promises though, college life has been really tough down here. I'll try my best to update as fast as possible, and set reminders to write. If there's any suggestions on how to improve my writing, please include in comments! I'll love to hear them.:) Thanks for readers who stayed waiting for updates, really appreciate it!!