Our Fusion

"What do you mean? I looked at Steven, a weird expression on my face. Steven smiled

"Fusion! It's when two gems become one." I looked at him confused.

"That's what Garnet is?" I ask, looking up at the tall gem. She showed no emotion, but gave a thumbs up.

I've known Steven and the gems for only a few months now. This is all so strange. Moving to Beach City has made my life much more... Interesting.

Steven smiled and nodded.

"Yeah! She's the perfect relationship!" I looked back up at Garnet to see a small smile form on her face.

I smiled at Steven. Although I'm not sure what he means, he seems pretty excited about it, and that's all that really matters.

Steven looked behind me. His smile widened, stars flashing in his eyes.

"Amethyst! Amethyst! Come here!" I turned to see the short purple gem make her way over to us.

"Yo, what's up?" Steven leaned forward and whispered something to her. I tried my best to hear them, but to no avail.

Amethyst looked over at me, then back to Steven. She smiled and nodded. Steven stood up, and they both backed a few steps away from me. Amethyst turned to me.

"Get ready to have your mind blown!" She said in an excited tone before her and Steven began to dance. Amethyst was moving her hips in a smooth motion, while Steven was was just having fun with it. It was pretty cute to see them dancing together.

Their gems began to glow during the dance. They both twirled next to each other, grabbing each others hands as they leaned in opposite directions. A bright light took their place for a moment, and I had to look away.

When I looked back, Steven and Amethyst were gone. Instead, a darker purple gem was standing before me. She has short hair, and three arms, one coming out of the elbow on her right. Her outfit seemed to be a mixture of Stevens and Amethysts.

I jumped back, shocked and fearful. Who is this?

The gem in front of me laughed a bit.

"Hey, how's it goin'? I'm Smokey Quartz! Nice to meet ya!" She outstretched her hand. I slowly reached my hand out to shake it, but she quickly grabbed it and practically shook me like a leaf.

"Who are you?" My voice was a bit shakey. She smiled even bigger.

"Don't you recognize us? Er, me?"

I could feel my expression change from fear to shock in an instant.

"Steven? Amethyst?" Smokey quickly nodded.

I jumped up, moving closer to them.

"I can't believe this! You're one person! This is unbelievable!"

The gem laughed. The bright light made it's way into my eyes again, forcing me to turn away. When I looked back, it was Steven and Amethyst. Steven smiled widely, stars returning to his eyes.

Amethyst bumped her fist against Stevens shoulder.

"I'm gonna go get Pearl." She turned and left. I still stood there in amazement.

"How did you do that?! I practically yelled, a large smile on my face.

"It's just as I told you, fusion." Steven returned my smile with his own. I looked up to see Garnet, a large smile on her face. For that brief moment, I had completely forgotten that she was there. I looked back at Steven.