Security

We landed on a large platform in front of a large white building. Once our ship landed, three giant women emerged from the building. One white, one blue, and one yellow.

I pushed myself back in my seat, afraid of what these women wanted.

"Who are they?" I found myself saying. Rainbow turned to me, a large smile on their face.

"Those are the diamonds! Yellow, Blue, and White!"

Oh, so these are the leaders everyone was talking about.

Everyone stood up and prepared to exit the ship.

The doors flew open, and Steven immediately ran out to greet the diamons. Floating up to their height, they all surrounded him a group hug. It was easy to tell they were all very close; almost as close as him and the crystal gems.

We all exited the ship, Rainbow putting their arm around my shoulder.

"Now, _______________, you should stick by me, as to not get lost or injured." I nodded.

The diamonds stepped closer, looking down at me and Rainbow. Blue spoke up first.

"Rainbow Quartz, why is there a human with you? Steven already has a pet." I looked up at her, almost annoyed that she called me a pet.

Rainbow stepped forward, removing their hand from my shoulder.

"My apologies, my diamonds. This is ______________, one of Stevens human friends."

Yellow diamond looked down at me.

"Can she fight?"

Rainbow shook their head.

"I am afraid not, my diamond." Blue crossed her arms, a rather upset look spread across her face.

"So are we expecting her to be destroyed? I don't understand why you have brought her here if she can't help in battle."

Rainbow was about to speak, but Yellow spoke up.

"Were you planning on protecting this human? Was this a plan to get out of the war? Did you honestly think this ridiculous plan would work?"

Rainbow was shaking at this point, absolutely terrified.

"N-No, my diamonds. Of course n-not. I'll help fight."

White stepped forward. She looked down at Steven.

"Do you care about this human?"

Steven turned to me, then back to the diamonds.

"_______________? Of course! We all do!"

Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl, Peridot, Lapis, Bismuth, and Connie all stepped forward. Rainbow nervously smiled at the diamonds and nodded.

White looked at Yellow, then Blue, then back to Rainbow.

"Very well. Rainbow Quartz, it is your duty to protect them. However, we can not risk losing a gem such as yourself, therefore I expect _____________ to do what they can to protect you."

We both nodded, Rainbow letting out a huge breath of relief.

White spoke up once again.

"As for the rest of you, you will not only be fighting to protect yourselves; you will be fighting to protect your fellow gems. Stay alert, and know who to trust."

Steven turned towards everyone.

"As long as we all stick together, we'll be fine! We can do this, we're a family!"

Yellow looked down at all of us.

"We should get inside. It's no longer safe out in the open; not for you at least."

We all made our way into the large building. White looked down at me and Rainbow.

"Rainbow Quartz, take ________________ up to the third level, and activate the security system. You should be safe in there. As for the Crystal Gems, we'll go prepare you for war. Weapon upgrades are necessary, the Bismuth and Peridot should come in handy for that."

Bismuth and Peridot high fived.

Steven and the others came over to me, pulling me into a hug. I could feel myself begin to tear up.

"Please be safe." I spoke softly. They all hugged me tighter. Steven looked at me, a weak smile on his face.

"We'll see you after the war."

We all broke apart, and they began to follow the Diamonds. Rainbow came to my side.

"Ready to get to safety?" They said, trying to sound cheerful.

I thought for a moment, before turning to them.

"Not yet."

I turned to the group.

"Hey, Garnet?" She turned around and came over to me. She looked down at me, but remained silent.

I could still feel the tears in my eyes. It took me a moment, but I finally found the courage to speak.

"Garnet, is... Is everyone going to be okay?"

She didn't say anything. A single tear drop slid down from under her glasses.

I felt tears slide down my face, and my vision became blurry. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her.

She hugged me back. Once we broke from the hug, she wiped the tear from her face.

"Get to safety." She gave me a small smile before turning to catch up with the group.

I turned to Rainbow, tears still streaming down my face. They pulled me into a tight hug. They rested their head on the top of mine.

"Don't be afraid, ______________. They'll all be fine. You'll see them after the war."

I shook my head.

"You saw Garnets reaction. They won't be okay. I'm going to lose my best friends."

Rainbow hugged me a bit tighter.

"Garnet isn't seeing clearly. You heard Steven. They're family, and you're their family. They won't give up until they've won, and they certainly won't leave you alone."

Their words made me feel much better. I wiped my tears away and broke from the hug.

I followed Rainbow as they lead me up the stairs to the third level of the building.

Once on the floor, they activated the security system, completely locking the floor down. Nobody could get onto the third level from downstairs, upstairs, or the window.

I sat down on the floor, Rainbow joining me. I looked up at them.

"Do you think we'll be okay in here?"

Rainbow nodded.

"Oh, of course! It would take a freakishly strong gem to break through this high-tech security."

I thought for a moment.

"What about a fusion of multiple gems?"

Rainbow was about to speak, but quickly held their tongue. They thought for a moment.

"I suppose it's possible, but that's what I'm here for! I'll make sure you're safe."

I smiled.

"I will too."