Homeworld

About twenty minutes went by waiting for everyone.

We heard the warp pad activate.

Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl are back.

The screen door opened and Rainbow and I turned to face her. She called down to us.

"Is anyone else back yet?" She looked around the beach.

I shook my head. She groaned loudly and went back inside. We could hear her yelling from inside the temple.

"I can't believe they're late! I knew I should have gone with them!"

I turned back to face Rainbow, who was looking out at the ocean.

"This is so.. Lovely." They quietly said. They turned to me, stars in their eyes.

"Is the rest of the planet like this?"

I looked out at the ocean, and smiled.

"Partly, yes. There's all different types of scenery on this planet, not just the ocean."

They smiled, looking back out to the ocean. I felt their arm fall loose around me, but they still held me in a side hug.

"Perhaps one day I'll come back to see it all."

I looked up at them and smiled.

It's nice that the beauty of earth is enough to make gems want to stay.

Nothing could be heard but the ocean crashing on shore. Unfortunetly, that was cut short by screaming.

Rainbow and I turned around to see Steven and Connie running up to the beach.

"Sorry we're late!" Steven yelled. Connie followed right behind him.

"We're here!"

We heard the screen door open, and Pearl came out.

"Oh, finally! Now we just need to wait for Bismuth, Peridot, and Lapis." She sounded very annoyed.

She stood up on the deck with her arms crossed. Steven looked up at her, a nervous expression on his face.

"Sorry, Pearl! Dad wasn't too happy to hear about me going back into space." He rubbed the back of his neck.

Steven and Connie turned their attention to me and Rainbow.

Rainbow looked at them, a big smile on their face.

"So you children live on this beautiful spot of land?"

Steven smiled, letting out a small laugh.

"You mean the beach? Yeah, I've been here my whole life."

Rainbow turned back towards the ocean.

"The beach. Hm. I like that. It sounds pleasant."

I stood up, brushing sand off my butt. Rainbow was too focused on the water to pay any mind. I turned to Steven, leading him and Connie a bit further away from Rainbow.

Connie looked at me.

"They sure do love the ocean." I nodded.

"They really do. Do they not have anything like this on the gem world?"

Steven shook his head.

"No, it's all just rocks and machinery I'm afraid. They don't even have seasons, or different times of day."

I tilted my head a bit.

"No different times of day? What do you mean by that?"

Steven sat down on the sand.