Protection and War

The new gem smiled at us.

"Pleasure to meet you all! I'm Rainbow Quartz!" They outstretched their hand, waiting for someone to shake it. Everyone was still frozen.

They pulled back their hand.

"Alright then, since introductions are out of the way.. I'm here to escort you all to-"

"How?!" Steven screamed. Rainbow jumped back.

"In the ship?" They were thrown off guard by Stevens sudden outburst. Steven took a deep breath and calmed down.

"No, I mean how are you here?" Rainbows eyes darted back and fourth, until meeting with Stevens once again.

"The ship." Steven sighed.

"How do you exist? You're OUR fusion. How are you here without me and Pearl fused?" Rainbows smile returned as they perked up.

"Ah, yes! That is the work of the Diamonds!" They spoke about it so casually. Pearl jumped into the conversation.

"I don't understand. The Diamonds are recreating our fusions? How? They would need a pearl and a diamond that looks like us in order to create an exact replica." Rainbow nodded.

"Exactly!" This confused the group even more.

Confusion got the better of me, and I stepped forward to observe this gem. Once I did, I caught their eye. They perked up.

"Ah, wait, don't tell me! The Diamons spoke of your kind. A human, correct?" I smiled and nodded. Their smile grew.

"Ah, yes! Of course!" They stepped forward, holding their hand out.

"The names Rainbow Quartz!" I reached my hand out to shake theirs, but they grabbed onto my hand and shook it, much like Smokey.

Pearl spoke out once again.

"I'm still very confused on the matter at hand. How are you an exact replica of our fusion?" Rainbow turned to them, leaning on their umbrella.

"I'm sure I have time to spare, if you wish to discuss my existance!" Garnet nodded.

"Let's get inside, we can talk there." We all followed her into the temple. Once we were inside, Rainbow began to look around. A large smile made it's way to their face.

"A wooden base? How strange. I absolutely love it!" I smiled at the gem. They turned and noticed, smiling back at me.

I don't think this gem is a threat, but I can see why the others are on guard about them. An exact replica of their fusion? It is rather strange.

We all made our way over to the counter. Rainbow sat down in one of the chairs, Amethyst sat on the counter, Garnet leaned against the fridge, Pearl leaned on the counter, and Steven stood next to Rainbow.

Having no where else to go, I took the seat next to them. They turned, smiling at me.

"It's nice to have someone who isn't afraid of me." I smiled back at them. They said it in a joking manner, but it also sounded as of there was a hint of truth to it.

Once we all got settled, Steven was the first to speak up.

"So explain how you're an exact copy of our fusion." Rainbow fixed their posture.

"It's quite a long story, I can assure you that." The gems all nodded. Rainbow sighed and smiled.

"Very well. A lot of the gems on homeworld are not adjusting to the new ways the Diamonds set in place. They feel as though they worked hard to become perfect gems, and now that means nothing to the Diamonds. So, a large group of rougue gems began to rise up against the Diamonds, claiming they are unfit to rule. Of course, nobody wants another war. Especially with the state that homeworld is in, it'll completely destroy the planet. Many of us were created and given one purpose; take on your forms and fuse. The Diamonds saw the kind of power your fusions held, and planned to use that to their advantage in case of a war. Unfortunetly, no rose quartz gems could get Stevens form down properly. None except mine. There are plenty of Rainbow Quartz back on homeworld, but none like me. I'm one of a kind!" They smiled, obviously proud of themselves. Amethyst shifted towards them.

"So, why are you here?" Rainbow snapped out of their thoughts and looked up at Amethyst.

"Well, I was originally meant to fight in the war. However, given the circumstances, I was sent here as a messenger and retriever. I deliver the message to Steven and the Crystal Gems, then I bring them back to homeworld!" They smiled once again. Pearl and Garnet looked at each other. Pearl turned and leaned against the counter, looking down at it.

"Another war? I can't be involved in another war. We can't be involved in war." Garnet placed her hand on Pearls back.

"We'll be okay. We have Steven." Steven smiled.

"We can do this, Pearl. We'll stop this before there is a war!" Pearl smiled down at Steven. Rainbow smiled as well.

"Ah, how adorable! Now, is everyone ready to go?" Steven panicked.

"Ah, wait, no! I need to call Connie!" Steven ran off into the other room. Stars filled Rainbows eyes.

"Oh, two humans? Wonderful!" I froze, and everyone turned to me. I felt my voice catch in my throat. Luckily, Pearl spoke for me.

"________________ can't go to war. They're not trained for battle." The stars quickly faded from Rainbows eyes.

"Not trained for battle, hm? That's a shame!" I looked up at Pearl and Garnet.

"So, am I just supposed to stay back on earth and wait for you guys to return?" They turned towards each other. Pearl turned back towards me.

"Well, yes. But don't worry, we'll be back before you know it!" She tried to put on a fake smile. I felt tears weld up in my eyes.

I just got used to the gems, and now they're leaving? My best friends might die and I'll never see them again.

I felt tears slide down my cheeks. I looked over at Rainbow who had a sympathetic look on their face. They quickly turned to Garnet and Pearl.

"Take them. I'll make sure nothing happens to them." Garnet and Pearl quickly turned towards Rainbow. Pearl spoke up first, as per usual.

"What do you mean you'll make sure nothing happens to them?" Rainbow smiled.

"I'll protect them! Simple." Amethyst spoke up once again.

"How could you protect _____________? You'll be fighting to, you know." Rainbow shook their head.

"Perhaps if it gets out of control, yes. However, the Diamonds do not want to risk losing their only successful replica fusion. I was sent as a messenger, and they will most likely keep me as that."

Steven ran into the room.

"Connie is on her way!" Amethyst turned towards Garnet.

"Sooo, what's happening?" Garnet crossed her arms, no emotion on her face.

"We're going to homeworld."

______________________________________

Snapchat: raine475

Tumblr: CheshireDruggie

Kik: love475

Instagram: CheshireDruggie

Deviantart: CheshireDruggie

Redbubble:

Https://www.redbubble.com/people/Cheshire-Drugs?asc=u