Accepted

Connie quickly ran through the front door, Peridot, Lapis, and Bismuth behind her. She had a large sword in her hands.

"Is it true, are we going back to homeworld?" Connie was out of breath. Pearl spoks up.

"Unfortunetly, it seems like we have no other choice." Busmuth stepped forward.

"So, what's the problem this time?" Before anyone else could answer, Garnet spoke up.

"Rogue gems are very unhappy with the way homeworld is running now. They want the diamonds gone, and I'm sure they want us gone as well." I saw Lapis peak her head around Bismuth, looking directly at Rainbow.

"Isn't that Steven and Pearls fusion?" We all turned to Rainbow. They smiled, loving the attention they were recieving.

"Yes and no." Lapis, Connie, Bismuth, and Peridot all looked at them, confused as to what they meant.

Steven spoke up.

"It's another Pearl and Quartz. The Diamonds wanted to recreate our fusions." Peridot got a rather disgusted look on her face.

"That's weird." Lapis said, no emotion in her voice or face. Rainbow looked at her, a bit insulted.

Bismuth took a step forward.

"Who cares? Are we going to homeworld or not?" We all turned to Garnet, who simply nodded.

Rainbow clapped their hands together, smiling and closing two of their eyes.

"Splendid! Now, if we could all load into the ship, that'd be swell!" They stood up. I quickly turned to Pearl.

"I don't think my family will let me go." Pearl thought for a moment, then Connie spoke up.

"What if Pearl tells them we're going on a camping trip?" Steven jumped into the conversation.

"Yeah! That would explain why you have no cell phone service and can't contact them!"

I looked back at Pearl. Even she looked pretty impressed by how quickly Steven and Connie came up with the idea. Pearl turned to Garnet.

"I'm not sure if that's a good idea. Garnet?" Garnet turned towards her.

"_________________ will be fine. Make the call." Pearl nodded and left the room, most likely to get some peace and quiet. I felt an arm wrap around me, and someone pull me to my right. I quickly look over to see Rainbow pulling me into a side hug. They turned to me and smiled.

"It's just me and you, ___________! Perhaps not now, but once we're on homeworld. Are you excited?" I looked at them confused.

Excited? Are they nuts? My friends are heading into a possible war, and I'm tagging along as if it were some vacation. What do I have to be excited over?

I think they picked up on my confusion to the question, because they quickly spoke up.

"Let me rephrase that. Are you excited to go to space?" I still looked at them in a confused way.

Space or not, this is a war.

Rainbow darted their eyes around, before landing on mine once again.

"Perhaps that was not a well thought out question." They removed their arm from me. I felt a bit bad. I spoke up.

"Well, I'm looking forward to getting to know you." They quickly turned back to me, a smile on their face.

"Excellent! I'm looking forward to getting to know you as well!" They turned to the rest of the group.

Pearl walked back into the kitchen.

"Great news, ________________, you can go!" I sighed in relief and Rainbow stood up rather quickly.

"Wonderful! Now that we're all ready, let's head to the ship!" I turned to Pearl once more.

"I don't have any clothes with me." Rainbow sat back down, not saying a word. Pearl thought for a moment.

"Perhaps we should go get you some clothes for the trip." I nodded. We headed towards the door, Pearl turning to Garnet.

"Be back in a moment!" She smiled. We headed out the door and down to my house.

Rainbow 2.0's P.O.V

I looked over at the group of gems who have migrated from the door to the living room.

"So, a Bismuth and a Peridot. How do you two stand being near each other for more than five minutes, hm?" I smiled at the two gems, who looked rather confused. They turned to each other, before Peridot spoke up.

"What do you mean? We're friends." Lapis looked at the two of them, then to me with a rather harsh look on her face.

I may have offended them.

"Oh, I mean nothing by it! I simply ask because back on homeworld, Bismuths and Peridots dislike each other." I put on a huge fake smile, hoping that Lapis would tone down that look of hers. She didn't, but she did speak.

"Well, we're not on homeworld, are we?" Her voice was as harsh as her stare. I allowed my smile to fall.

"No, I suppose were not." Bismuth turned to Lapis, then over to me.

"Why aren't we supposed to like each other?" Just when I thought Lapis couldn't look angrier, her stare got worse.

I'm going to cause a war in this room simply because I can't keep my mouth shut.

I tried to shrug off the question, but it became obvious they were waiting for an answer.

"Well, to put it simply, you're both opposites. Peridots work in technology, and technological weapons. Meanwhile Bismuths work around lava and stone, nothing technical about it. Bismuths believe weapons should stay how they have always been, and Peridots believe they should be upgraded. Although it is a pleasant change to see you two getting along!"

Lapis's face softened. I must have said the right thing. Peridot and Bismuth turned to each other once again, before laughing. Between laughs, Peridot spoke to me.

"Why would we hate each other over a silly feud like that?" Bismuth finally caught her breath enough to speak.

"Exactly! You can get different uses from both, so why fight?" I saw Lapis join in the laughing. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and looked up to see Garnet. She didn't look at me, but she smiled.

I have to say, these gems are nothing like the ones on homeworld. They're better. It's quite the change, but a good one at that.
______________________________________

I'm super glad you all are liking the story so far! I was afraid you wouldn't!

Anyone with art trades, commissions, etc please hang tight! They're coming!