Chapter 8: Being a child

The sound of the door slamming shut startles me from my peaceful evening, I was all alone at the house doing some work whilst Elli was at my brother's doing school work, Maya had to go take care of her role being replaced, and from the sound of how she came in, I don't think it went too well. "You okay baby?" I ask worriedly ask I watch her kick off her shoes and shrug her jacket off. "I was until my freaking boss almost fired me" she says making my eyes widen, "What happened?" I ask opening my arms as she walks over to me, she sighs and sits on my lap, "I asked if Elli could take my part and Missy got all in my ass about how I favour Elli more than my other students because she's my daughter and Charles (Maya's boss) said I wasn't allowed to and almost fired me" she explains angrily as I try and calm her down by kissing her cheek and intertwining our fingers together.

"Luckily Riley stepped in and assured him that it wasn't true, that I in fact payed less attention to her and that if he wanted proof he could check the security cameras, but he just took her word for it" I nod in understanding and let her carrie on. "I was confused why Missy would rat me out like that but when she said that her daughter Aylin was more capable of taking my role I realised that she was just jealous" She says with a roll of her eyes.

"So" she breathe out "Charles offered that both of the girls audition for my role, Missy will teach her daughter and I will teach mine" she shrugs before leaning down and pecking my lips, "That's fair" She nods and lifts her hand to run her fingers through her hair. "Yeah, but we just have two days get the girls ready and I promised my mom we'd have lunch with them after tomorrow so I'm going to have to call her and ask her if it's okay to move it to Thursday, but I really want to tell her about the baby" she pouts making me chuckle as I place my hand down to her stomach. "Its just one more day" I shrug but she groans "I know" she whines "But it's one more day of me creating another scenario of their reaction" she admit making me roll my eyes.

For Christmas we all went to the loft and Maya's parents were there and we exposed our relationship. Both of her parents were happy that she finally found someone but they were both weary at the fact that I had a daughter, although after spending some time with Ellianna they both grew to adore her, so I have no doubt in mind that they would be thrilled when they find out Maya is pregnant.

"They'll be happy, stop worrying so much" I assure her, lifting my hand to caress her cheek, "How about you schedule a doctor's appointment and ask your mom to have dinner instead?" I suggest as she raises her brows "That's actually a good idea" she admits with a smile "That way we could have a little ultrasound picture to shoe them" she gushes making me laugh.

"Right" I nod "Anyways" I sigh "How are you feeling?" I ask making her give me a soft smile, "Pretty good" she admit. Maya's been sick for a few days but she wasn't as bad as Elli's mom, she got sick by everything and was sick all the time.

"That's good" She smirks and nods, before leaning down to peck my lips "Mhm" she hums "When is Elli coming back home?" She asks resting her forehead against mine as her fingers play with the hair at the back of my neck. "We're having dinner at my brother's around 6" I admit as she bites her lip stifling a smile, "Just enough time" she mutters colliding her lips back on mine for a passionate kiss that leads us stumbling back to our bedroom.

~🎭~

"Light" I warn as I watch Elli carefully. Today was our first day of rehearsal for the audition and when I announced to Elli that she had a chance of taking on my role she was thrilled and motivated to get the part. Within a few hours she already had more than half of the solo memorized, although the audition just required a small portion of it Elli wanted to learn more so she can show that she will do anything to get that part, it proves her motivation and hard work. "Extend those legs, show them how gorgeous and strong your legs are" I tell her as she keeps on doing every step. The part of the solo was were Ursula took Ariel's vocal chords and she was transforming into a human. Elli had to show all of the emotion and make sure she gets into character right.