Chapter 24: Last day

Tomorrow's the big day! Which means that the past few days have been filled with nothing but stress for both of the girls, which meant that it was my job to calm the both of them. Especially Maya since she's pregnant and stressing out isn't good for the baby.

I always make sure that she eats a lot, not too much but more than she usually does. She hasn't been feeling sick lately which is great because now she can keep the food inside of her and it'll help baby sister grow more. Other than that I make her take various breaks and make her take some naps so she doesn't get all grumpy like she usually does at the end of the day because she's tired. On some nights I draw her a nice, warm bubble bath which helps her relax a lot, plus she gets all cuddly and clingy after a bath and I absolutely love it.

Luckily I'm not exactly needed at work which means that I can leave earlier than I normally do, however with the other store I'm trying to open it's been hard focusing on everything that's been happening especially since we've moved house and it needed a few renovations. I made sure to make it work even if it meant waking earlier and having shorter lunch breaks. I eventually got everything sorted it out and I now have free time which is great because I get to properly take care of my girls.

I walk inside the huge building where Elli is going to perform and stare at the place in shock. Its enormous, there's thousands of seats that you can probably fit more than 500, 000 people. The stage is incredibly large and Elli looks tiny on it, she currently running through a few steps but I can't but smile at how small she looks on the stage yet her presence always makes her seem bigger due to how she owns the stage. The entire place is just fancy, filled with gold decorations and chandeliers, spotless red seats and breathtaking paintings.

I skip down the stairs heading towards my gorgeous pregnant girlfriend who's talking to my daughter, giving her some tips on her legs. "Daddy!" Elli smiles brightly when she notices me, causing Maya to turn and look at me a smile of her own pulling at her lips when her eyes meet mine.

"Hi sweetheart" I wave at my daughter as my feet take me to my girlfriend. "Hey baby" I say once I reach her, "Hi, what are you doing here?" She furrows her brows, confused to see me here.

"Well, it's already 7 pm and both of my girls are still working when they should be having dinner and getting ready to head to bed for a big day tomorrow" I start and lift my hand to caress her cheek. "So I'm here to pick them up and bring them to dinner so we could head home and cuddle in bed" I peck her lips causing her to grin.

"Sound like a good plan" she mutters wrapping her arms around my neck as she pulls me closer to her but her swollen gets in the way making me stifle a laugh as I hold her waist. "Why don't you tell your daughter to get her stuff so we can go" she nods and turns to face Elli.

"Sweetheart we're done for today, go get your stuff".

"What?!" Elli exclaims "We're done? But the show is tomorrow".

"I know sweetheart but everything is already perfect so we're good to go" she assure the small blonde.

"But mommy-" she starts to whine but Maya is quick to interrupt her.

"Elli it's already late and there isn't anything else for us to do. Daddy is here to bring us to dinner, time to go" I watch my daughter frown and let out a sigh "Okay" she mumbles and starts heading to the other side of the stage.

"So where are we going to eat dinner?" She asks looking back at me, her soft ocean blue eyes locking against my darker blue ones. "Wherever my gorgeous girlfriend wants to" her smile widens, "Chipotle?" She suggest making me laugh.

"Why not?" I shrug and lean back down to kiss her.

~🎭~

"Daddy" Elli mumbles walking out of her bedroom, one hand rubbing the sleep out of her eye and the other one clutching her stuffed bunny against her chest. "What are you doing up baby girl?" I ask kneeling down as she approaches me.

"I can't sleep" she mutters with a slight frown, "Nervous for tomorrow?" I guess and she nods. I smile and pull her against me, "You know everything's going to be okay right?" She lays her head on my shoulder and wraps her arms around my neck. "Yeah" she whispers.

"Can I stay with you and mommy?" She asks hopefully. "Yeah" I agree "But when you fall asleep I'll bring you back to your room cause mommy needs room to sleep because of baby sister" she hums in understanding.

I pick her up and carry her to Maya and I's bedroom. "We have a guest" I say once I enter the room and see Maya already snuggled in bed with a movie playing on our TV. "Is she okay?" She asks worriedly as I walk towards our bed, "She's just nervous for tomorrow" I explain simply, putting Elli down on our bed.

"Oh sweetheart" Maya coos opening her arms for our daughter to go cuddle her, which she instantly does, not wasting one second to be in Maya's arms. "Tomorrow is going to be amazing" she gushes as I move to join them on our bed, "As soon as you'll do one dance you'll fall in love with that stage and you're never going to want to leave" she runs her fingers through Elli's long blonde hair.

"But what if I mess up?" She questions nervously "I'm going to ruin the dance" Maya shake her head. "You won't" Maya insists "Nobody is perfect Elli, not you, not me, not even the greatest ballerina dancer in the whole entire world. If you do a mistake that's okay" she assures her "You learn from your mistakes" she adds.

"Plus it's not good if you keep thinking that you're going to make a mistake" Maya nods in agreement.

"Daddy is right. You have to believe in yourself or then you're really going to make a mistake".

"Okay" she yawns.

"Get some rest baby girl, you need a lot of sleep for your big day tomorrow" Elli nods and snuggles closer to Maya.

"Sweet dreams sweetheart".

"Goodnight mommy and daddy" she mumbles "I love you" she adds fluttering her eyes shut as my heart swells. "We love you too" Maya leans down and presses her lips against Elli's forehead, giving her a kiss.