Chapter 16: We got it

"Today we are working with props" I admit as I walk into the studio with Missy walking behind me with a box. All the kids start talking to each other all excited about the news I just revealed. "We barely have 2 months left and we have to make sure everything is perfect" I warn "Costumes will be coming some time next week which will mean we can finally work each dances with everything to make sure there won't be any issues" I add as they all nod in understanding.

Missy places the box on the floor before kneeling down to open it. One by one we give each students their prop except Elli who doesn't have one. "Since this is your first time using the prop we'll work in groups just so Missy and I can make sure you'll be using it correctly" they all nod and Elli scurries over to my side.

"What about me?" She asks confused and I smile "You can watch with us and then you'll be joining them" I explain, she frowns but nods nonetheless. Elli didn't have a prop because she was the center of attention which meant her costume would be different so as her steps in the routine, giving her a prop on top of it all would be too much.

"Next week we'll have to work with you because of your costume, it's beautiful" her eyes widen "You've seen it?" She asks shocked and I nod with a wide smile "I have" I admit "And I'm sure you'll love it" I add with a wink.

~🎭~

"Hey!" I exclaim as I get almost hit in the face with the makeshift jellyfish for the fourth time. "I've already told you six times Denise that you go to the left because Ellianna is going to be doing her split jump on the right!" Maya yells before running her hand through her hair frustratedly.

"I'm sorry" Denise apologises biting her lip as she glances down clearly dissapointed in herself. "It's okay" I assure her placing my hand on her shoulder, "you'll get it next time" I add shooting her a smile.

"This is the last run through for the afternoon, Denise I'm counting on you to go left" Missy says making everyone go in their positions. I stand in the middle getting into my pose as the music starts again and everyone starts dancing around me. I wait for my part to come and when it does I do all the steps making sure I work along the other students with the props, I do my pirouette before turning to the right to do my split jump.

I smile finally seeing Denise go in the right direction before doing my split jump and carrying on with the dance.

We all get into our last pose and wait for the music to finish before both Maya and Missy clap. "Finally" Maya chuckles "Well done" she adds with a wide smile "You all did very good" Missy says proudly.

"Dissmissed" Maya says making all the students usher out of the studio. "Mommy" I call walking towards Maya, "Yeah sweetheart?" She asks looking down at me "Can we go to the mall today?" I ask hopefully.

"Um"  she trails off picking up her phone, quickly glancing at it. "Sure" she nods, "We can go get some groceries whilst we're there" she adds as I nod.

"Go change we'll will leave in 10 minutes" I nod again and scurries to the changing rooms to change.

~🎭~

"Can you pick out some pasta?" I ask leaning against the cart as I watch Elli scurries over to the bags of different shaped pastas. She stands there for a few seconds deciding which shape she wants before grabbing two and rushing back over to me. "Thank you" she smiles and we walk to the other isle, "What do you want to have for dinner tonight?" I ask curiously making Elli lift her finger and place it on her lip as she thinks.

"Can we have fries?" She asks as I nod "You have to have fries with something though" I point out making her shrug, "I don't know I just want fries" she admits making me chuckle. My phone starts to ring and I pull it out of my bag finding Josh's name on my screen. I accept the call and place my phone to my ear, "Hey baby" Josh greets me making my heart skip a beat, "Hi" I reply as I point towards the packet of bread so Elli can go get it.