EPILOGUE

8 years later

"Mama!" I shift my gaze from Emmi who's chewing on her plastic toy and raise my brows looking at Hailee and Remy expectantly. "He won't turn down his music and I can't do my homework" Hailee complains causing her little brother to roll his eyes and cross his arms over his chest. "I'm trying to practise, how am I suppose to practise without music?" He questions as if the answer is obvious "Mama you know how important musicality is".

"Yeah but school is more important" Hailee argues as I just look between the two of them. They're so different yet so alike. Before Hailee barely turned one I got pregnant once again and it was terrifying. I really didn't want to go through with what happened to Hailee once more, I didn't want to watch my child fight for his or her life as I helplessly prayed and held onto hope. Although after many doctor appointments I was assured that this pregnancy was a lot better than my first and it actually was, I feel like my body got used to it and everything ran smoothly.

However Elli was more freaked out than Josh and I. She didn't want it to happen again, she was thrilled to get another sibling but her feelings towards me being pregnant were not the best. Sometimes I feel like she got more affected by what happened to Hailee than Josh and I, but if I put myself in her shoes I can understand why. She lost her mother during childbirth and she almost lost her sister, having to to go through these range of emotions again must've of been hard. But as her eyes landed on her perfectly healthy little brother her thoughts changed and she loved him more than anything, she even ended up wanting me to get pregnant again so she could have a third sibling but I told her Josh and I were going to take a break from having kids and focus on the ones we have now.

Obviously we didn't expect to wait almost 7 years, we got a little busy and well we never really had time to discuss about child number four. We were a happy family and we were perfect, however after Josh and I partied a little too much during our wedding well child number four was on the way.

We happily welcomed another perfect little girl named Emmerson,  but we call her Emmi. Hailee was thrilled about her and so was Elli but Remy was a bit hesitant. He wanted a brother, he didn't want to get stuck with 3 sisters. I understood where he came from although once he finally warmed up to her, he ended up loving her the most.

Out of the three older ones Hailee is a weird duck. That's what she calls herself. At first I thought she didn't like who she was and I want all mama bear on her saying she should love who she is because she's amazing, but once she explained why she called herself that I couldn't help but laugh. Remy reminds me a lot of Ellianna, he loves ballet with such a passion it warms my heart. Josh was shocked to find out his only son was into ballet but he was proud nonetheless of the amazing dancer he is becoming. Hailee isn't much of a fan of ballet, no matter how many times Elli forced her to dance with her she just didn't like it, unlike her brother who'd do anything Elli said.

Hailee loves singing instead. There's not a minute of the day where she doesn't sing. It sounds annoying but lucky me because she actually sounds really amazing, I don't know where she got that voice from but I'm just thankful for her not making my ears bleed. That's why she calls herself a weird duck, aside from her loving ducks she sometimes feels out of place in this family because she doesn't dance. Josh talked to her about it and I think she likes being the weird duck, it makes her unique.

"Say the one who doesn't stop singing!" He shoots back making her groan in annoyance. "Mama would you please tell him to turn it off" she begs looking at me with a small pout and her big blue eyes. Gosh I hate it when she does that.

Every mother has a favourite child. No matter what they say there's always one they love a little more. With me it's impossible. Elli has a special place in my heart because she's the one who taught me motherhood before I even had my first kids. Hailee is my fragile little angel and also my first daughter and child. Remy is my only son and Emmi is probably my last and she's just fucking adorable. Its impossible to choose and not to mention it's also not fair. Hailee will sometimes be my weakness though, I almost lost her.

"Can you please tell her do to her homework outside" he crosses his arms over his chest and frowns. He could really be her older brother, he's taller than her by a few inches and apart from the few arguments they have he really acts like an older brother towards her. He knows she's fragile and he always gets so protective around her it's super cute.

"Okay how about Rems you turn down the volume of the music and Hai you can come study down here?" I suggest but they both groan in annoyance. "Hey it's either that or I'm flipping a coin to see who wins" they roll their eyes and mutter something under their breaths as they turn around to leave. I stifle a laugh and shake my head in amusement. I used the coin trick a few times and they learned that it wasn't the best idea so now they just do what I say.

"We're home" my heart skips a beat at the sound of his voice and both Remy and Hailee stop in their tracks to turn around. "Daddy!" They both yells rushing towards him with open arms and a wide smile. I get up from the floor and pick up Emmi, placing her on my hip as I approach my husband. "Emmi" Elli squeals as she drops her bag and comes over to me.

"Hey sweetheart" she grins taking the 8 month old from my arms and showering her cheek with multiple kisses. My heart swells at the sight of them and I can't get over how big Elli's gotten, she's sixteen, she's a freaking teen! A teen who still hasn't stopped dancing. Her dream is to graduate from high school and to go to Juliards here in New York. She wants to make it big and with passion and determination I'm definitely sure she'll make it far.

"Hey" I shift my gaze and smile at the sight of my handsome looking husband. "Hey" he wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him until our bodies are pressing against each others. "How was your day?" I question curiously as I lift my hand to run it through his brown locks.

"It was boring" he shrugs "But I love coming back home" he breathes out glancing at all our kids who are animatedly talking to each other and laughing.

This is all we've wanted a big happy family to heal our broken heart. Nothing can be better than this.

"How about kid number 5?" My eyes widen and snap towards him, "What?" He chuckles keeping his gaze on his 4 kids.

"What do you think about having a forth kid?"

"I think your crazy" I laugh.

He smiles and leans down pressing his forehead against mine, "I love you Maya" my heart swells "I love you too Josh" I mutter leaning up to press my lips against his.

____________________________________
The end...

Keep your eyes wide open for another book coming out !!