Smile, Chapter 9

{ I dunno why I even made Mikey psycho. Instinct. Meh. It's hot. This chapter's kinda rushed, cause I need to pee }

-

( Mikey )

I fucked it all up. I fucked everything up.

"Shh," I held Alex closely and rocked us back and forth. He was crying and I really didn't want him to cry. It made my heart ache, like really ache. And the aching wouldn't stop until he stopped. So I was hugging him and rocking him back and forth and stroking his hair and kissing his cheek. He just wouldn't stop and it was killing me. "Alex..please stop crying,"

"But you..y-you..you-"

"No," I hushed him and kissed his cheek. "No, I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't. You don't need to be upset,"

"But..you k-killed..you k-killed him!" He broke free of my arms and pulled himself to his feet. He stared at me in horror, eyes watering and chest heaving. He looked at me with the look I expected him to give his attacker. Not me. I would never hurt him. Other people, yes. But not him. "You killed him! You killed Tom!"

"Alex!" I hissed. "Mom and Dad might hear!"

"But you killed him!"

"No," I shook my head and stood up. My mind was fucking racing, I didn't know what to do. I just sorta looked at Alex with desperateness. "Alex-" I reached forwards for him but he cried out.

"Don't come near me!"

"Alex don't be like that, please.."

"Stay the fuck away from me!"

"Don't talk to me like that," I said quietly. "I love you. I can't handle you being mad at me,"

"I'm not mad at you," he whispered. "I fucking hate-"

"No!" I cried and rushed over to him. I was quick to wrap my arms around his waist and cover his mouth before he managed to say anything else. I couldn't handle what he was about to say. I wouldn't know what to do. My own brother. My own brother couldn't hate me. He just couldn't.

"Tom," I murmured as I dragged Alex back to my bed. I hesitated a little before uncovering his mouth, and luckily he didn't say anything. I just turned him around, pushed down on his shoulders so he sat down on my bed. And then I spread his legs a little, kneeling inbetween them. I cupped his chin, staring into his desperate eyes. "Tom. You hate Tom...not me,"

"Mikey," he whimpered. He looked me dead in the eye, and there was no feeling there. It was just a vaccant stare. But then he touched my hands which were still clasped on his cheek, and he sighed. "Tell me what happened,"

"Nothing,"

"Mikey-"

"Nothing," I promised him. "It seems bad, I know it does. But..But there's nothing to it,"

"Nothing but my dead boyfriend,"

"Don't," I winced. "Please..I didn't mean to hurt him,"

"But you did,"

"He hurt me though," I mumbled. "I was just trying to get him to stop. He wouldn't stop,"

Alex lifted my chin up, staring at me. "Wouldn't stop what?"

"He was saying shit about you," I murmured. "That you were a frigid little shit. Stuff like that. It was pissing me off. So I took out the scythe, and I threatened him." I gulped a little and took in a deep breath. "He's bigger than me..he backed me up against the wall and took the scythe..he cut me and started hitting me. He'd dropped the scythe so when I was on the floor I managed to get it..and I stabbed him. I couldn't stop though. I was getting all my anger out. All the anger from Mom, from Dad, from Tom hurting you, from what happened to you. I wanted to stop..I just couldn't,"