chapter 13

{ If you're offended by sexual scenes, don't read the end of the chapter. You'll know when it's coming. Ohmygod }

I was 13 years old; making my way down the hospital corridor. Mom was holding my hand tightly and I could hear her whimpering through her bit lip. Dad was at my other side with his arm around my shoulder. They were both acting weird. They'd been acting weird for 3 months now. Ever since Alex went missing. I'd been acting weird too. I didn't say anything. I didn't sleep or eat. I'd lost a stone and a half since Alex went missing. I had sleeping pills but I threw them up. The times I did sleep I would just dream about Alex and that made me miss him even more.

"Listen," Dad stopped me and knealed down to me as we got to the end of the corridor. Mom stroked my hair for a second before carrying on walking, and i heard a door close. "Mikey?"

I looked at Dad and just nodded. I didn't want to speak. I hadn't spoken in so long. 

"Your brother isn't feeling very good," he explained. "He's going to be a bit different from when you last saw him. He's going to be more upset and scared..and he as a cut on his face. We don't want you to say anything about the cut, ok Mikey? We don't want you to mention that Alex has been away. We're going to carry on as normal, ok? Ok?"

He shook me a little and i nodded again. Then Dad stood up, ruffled my hair and gave me a sad smile before gesturing me to walk forwards. And as I did, I became more and more anxious to see my brother. 

"You ready?" Dad murmured, reaching forwards to take the door handle. I nodded eagerly and held my breath as we stood inside the room. 

But then, I screamed. I screamed like hell.

Alex's dead body was lying on the bed. Mom was crying her eyes out as she looked over her beaten and bloody son with a slit throat and full chelsea smile. His eyes were wide open and bloody tears strolled from them. He had chains around his wrists and ankles and bruises and cuts covered his body.

"ALEX?!"

"You did this to him,"  Caleb; the man who had ruined my brother's life, growled to me. "It's all your fault, Mikey. It's all your fault,"

-

"ALEX! NO!"

"Mikey!" Arms wrapped around me, holding me tightly as I struggled to catch my breath. My lip quivered and I hyperventilated, trying to hold back my tears until I eventually burst out crying. I was bawling. Whimpering, yelling, drowning myself in my own tears. Exactly what I did when I found out that Alex had been raped by that sick man.

"Alex," I whimpered and held onto his hands; the hands that were holding onto me so tightly. I managed to turn myself around; and let myself take in his whole appearance.

He wasn't dead. He didn't have a full chelsea smile. He didn't have blood all over his body. He was ok. He was ok.

"What's wrong?" He whispered; and I noticed his eyes watering.

"Don't cry," I held my fingers to his cheek and let out a breath. "I just..I had a bad dream. That's all,"

"But you never have bad dreams.."

"Alex-"

"It was about me, wasn't it?"

"Yeah," I admitted. "When I came to see you for the first time in the hospital. I walked in and you were just..dead,"

"With a full chelsea smile and Caleb standing next to me?" 

My eyes widened. "How did you-"

"You had that dream for months when I got back," he murmured; stroking his fingers across my face. "Don't you remember?"