Chapter 2: Fear and Devotion

Lucina slowly opened her eyes, gasping as she looked around. The Ylissean princess was surrounded by nothing but an empty void. She tried to run, but Lucina could barely move from where she was. It was like she was floating.

She then tried to call for anyone. But her voice fell deaf to her ears. Confused and slightly afraid, she kept looking around when her eyes saw something from the distance. There stood Chrom. Her father. The very person she had wished she could have saved.

Frantically, she did her best to move towards the Exalt as she got closer and closer. Chrom was facing away, motionless. Lucina reached out her hand to her father but then felt something pulling her away. Looking back, her eyes widened as several Risen held onto her.

In fear, Lucina turned back to her father, trying her best to scream, but nothing got out. Chrom suddenly turned his head as he weakly smiled.

"Sorry... Lucina..." He spoke, blood dripping from his mouth.

Lucina's heart sank when Chrom collapse and revealed Robin who was in front of him. The Tactician smiled, but it wasn't any smile Lucina has seen on her before. It was malicious, sadistic and sinister, something that Robin never made to Lucina's knowledge.

She then felt the Risen began to tear off her clothing. Terrified, she flailed and thrashed about, her hand reaching out to Robin as she had only one thing in her mind.

'Save me, Mother!' Her thoughts screamed as the Risen pulled her away from Robin. The more she tried to flee, the Risen would grow in number as a few held onto her head. Surrounded by them, with only her right eye able to see past the Risen horde.

Robin glided through the dark void, reaching her hand out as a malicious aura surrounded her.

"Take my hand, if you want to live, Lucina." Robin urged.

Lucina desperately tried to reach, but her hand paused before reaching her mother's. She wanted to grab Robin's hand, but her body won't let her.

'Please! I... I don't want to be alone!' She begged, tears streaming down her cheeks. With one final stretch, she extended further and held her mother's hand. The Risen began to dissipate before Robin pulled her daughter out of the Risen's grasp.

When she finally got out, Lucina embraced her mother as she continued to bawl her eyes out. Robin gently patted her head.

"M-Mother..." She hiccuped.

"Shh... it's okay. I'm here." Robin smiled.

Lucina felt the warmth from the embrace, something she hasn't felt in a long time.

"It's time to wake up now."
-----
Lucina gasped as she rose from her bed in a cold sweat. Breathing heavily as she wipes off the beads of sweat on her forehead. She looked around, it was a room she has never seen before. Looking down, she noticed that she wore a simple nightgown that hugged her figure.

"Mhm..." The sound alerted Lucina as she turned and noticed something under the sheets on the opposite side of the bed. She carefully reaches over and pulled down the sheets.

Sleeping next to her was Tiki, The voice of Naga herself. She noticed on the manakete's neck was a mark of sort. She wondered what the mark is when the door opened.

"So. You've awoken, little one." Robin said, making Lucina flinch as she turned to her.

"M-Mother!" She got out before remembering. "No. Grima!"

"Fufu, You can call me either way." Grima laughed.

Lucina saw her equipment on a crate in the corner of her eye. She quickly jumped out of the bed and drew out her Falchion.