Chapter 9: A Special Day

"It's so great to finally talk to you!" Lissa smiled.

"I'm sorry I couldn't come sooner. There were a lot of things to prepare." Robin said.

The two are currently in a room in Castle Ylisse. Upon arrival, most of the Ylisseans and Shepherds were unaware of the Plegian queen's presence due to Aversa casting a concealment enchantment as they flew through the border by her pegasus. Of course, not all were oblivious to there presence. A certain Taguel had warned Frederick of them and now he is within the same room as the two rulers of their nation, with Aversa by Robin's side.

"What business do you have here... Lady Robin?" Frederick questioned his former queen.

"Oh, Frederick. Wary as ever, I see." Robin spoke. "I merely wish to catch up with Lissa. Nothing malicious to Ylisse."

"You say that... But what of the destruction of Ylisse's border months prior? And, the kidnapping of Lady Lucina. Surely, you must be here for something."

"Frederick, please!" Lissa exclaimed. "If you keep saying all that, then I'll have to ask you to stay outside!"

"...Apologies, milady..." The stern knight bowed, gritting his teeth.

"So!" The Ylissean Exalt turned. "How has everyone been doing? Did Owain get into any trouble?"

"He's doing fine. Cynthia and Morgan kept him in check whenever he goes a little over the top." Robin said, noticing Frederick glared upon mentioning the former name. Wanting to pester the Great Knight more, she 'remembered' something. "Speaking of, I've been hearing rumors around the castle that Morgan has been planning on proposing to Cynthia by nightfall."

"Aww, how sweet! I remember the time when they told us about their relationship." Lissa giggled. "Frederick nearly passed out when he heard the news."

"He has been quite the over-protective father after we met with Cynthia." Robin chuckled. "Now that I think of it, Sumia told me that he had trouble sleeping at night sometimes ever since that day."

Frederick didn't show it, but the Fell Vessel knows that he's holding back his agitation. The mere sight of the Stern Knight being flustered was a rare chance anyone would have in their life. Robin happens to be one of them back in the early days before her corruption. The memories of Frederick getting over his fear of eating gamey meat still brings her some connection to the knight. If it weren't for his Lord, Frederick would have gotten the heart of the Shepherds Tactician in the end.

"Milady." Aversa cleared her throat.

"Ah, yes. Now then, I've been settling some things back in Plegia and have confirmed to the denizens of the treaty between our kingdoms." Robin stated. "I only need your confirmation of this... but, I can tell what is your answer."

"Of course you can! And yes, I'll agree to the-"

"Wait, Lady Lissa." Frederick stopped. "You would agree to have the kingdoms pledge a truce after what Plegia has done? What would the people of Ylisse think when they find out of this-"

Frederick halted when he felt a dagger barely touching his throat. He carefully turned his head and saw Gaius behind him.

"Let them continue. I don't want to end Cupcake's guard here." The Rogue said.

"Gaius?! So you were the turncoat during Plegia's invasion?!"

"Actually, it was me." Kellam spoke, appearing from nowhere.

"What? Have the two of you been under Grima's control this whole time?" Frederick questioned, calming down.

"Kinda. Kellam had been with Bubbles longer than I have." Gaius said.