Chapter 8: Inner Voice

(Flashback)

"T-this is not... y-your fault..." Chrom got out. "P-promise me... y-you'll get out of this place... Please... Go..."

Robin could only watch in horror as Chrom fell to the ground. She looked to her hands in shock of what she has done. Before she could reach for the dead prince, a sudden jolt of pain struck her as she clutched her head in agony. An echoed laughter filled her mind as she tried to lessen the pain.

"You've done well, slaying the princeling." A voice spoke.

Robin opened her eyes and was surprised. The room she was in was nothing but a dark void, and in front of her was a large demonic-looking dragon, gazing upon her with its six eyes.

"N-No... It can't be..." Robin murmured.

"Now then. With no other interruptions." It said as a purple aura surrounded the Tactician. "I shall make you my vessel."

"Gh!" Robin flinched from the pain throbbing in her head. She was desperately trying not to let Grima get what he wants. The Fell Dragon seemed annoyed as he narrowed his eyes. "I-I won't... let you..."

"Hmph... So you are able to resist my control." Grima got out before his eyes glowed. "Let's fix that, shall we?"

Robin didn't care how much pain she was in. She could not give herself to Grima in order to protect the others. Glaring at the Fell Dragon, the aura around her started to diminish.

"Robin..." A familiar voice called, making Robin turned around and gasped. Standing right in front of her was Chrom. The man she loved and cared. The man she helped through all those times... The man she ended with a single action... Chrom got closer to her as he placed his hand on her cheek.

The Tactician couldn't even mutter a single word when tears rolled down her face before she lunges herself into Chrom's arms which the latter started to comfort her. Her silent cries filled the void as Chrom did his best to calm her down as the aura was now gone.

"C-Chrom... I... I'm so sorry..." Robin got out.

"Shh... It's okay." He assure before he gently pushed her away. "I'm sorry as well."

"W-What do you mea-" Before she could finish, she felt something stabbed into her abdomen. Her eyes shakily looked down and saw Chrom's Falchion buried deep into her stomach as blood seeped out of the wound.. "W-Why... Chrom..."

"..." Chrom stayed silent before he held Robin by the back of her head. He stared deeply into her eyes until he leaned closer and kissed Robin.

Robin wasn't sure what to comprehend at this point. Instead, she gave into the kiss and closed her eyes when she felt Chrom's Flachion pulled out of her quickly. This gave Grima the chance to his goal as his body shrank before turning into a dark orb and flew its way into Robin's opened wound.

When Chrom and Robin broke the kiss, the prince soon disappeared from her sight as she desperately tried to look for him. A pulse ran through her body as her eyes began to glow purple. A smile formed on her face as she looked to her hand.

"Fufufu... That worked out perfectly..." She chuckled as the real world reformed her surroundings. "What a fool, to think that her beloved would actually return... Urk!" Robin suddenly held her head as her eyes widened. "G-Get out!"

"What?! Impossible! You are still trying to resist?!" Robin struggled against the Fell Dragon's will as she stumbled towards the throne. She held onto the throne before falling down and landed onto the ground. "Gh! If you're so persistent enough to give me this much trouble, then I may as well merge my conscious with yours!"