Chapter 7: Mending Aspiration

Months have passed since Plegia's attack on Ylisse and the halidom has finally recovered from it's most recent dreaded fate. A beacon of hope was made to the citizens of Ylisse when Lissa took her place as the Exalt. With her keeping things under control, the halidom was restored to its original state and the citizens lessened their worries. The Shepherds were quite surprised at how Lissa was able to take on her duties quite easily. Some just claimed that they were doubting her too much.

Still, this doesn't mean that they can simply rest yet. With Plegia laying dormant and as hostile with numerous brigand attacks, there may be a time where the Plegians would invade them at their weakest.

Lissa had just returned to her room and sat on her bed, sighing in relief after a long conference on Ylisse's expense. She took a jug of water from a nearby table and poured herself a cup before she drank quickly. Placing the cup down, she then looked out to the window. Lissa gazed at the bustling capital, knowing that her hard work has resulted in the safety of each Ylissean within the border.

"How was the meeting, Cupcake?" Lissa turned around, seeing Gaius leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. She could notice a small part of the mark of Grima just poking out of his headband.

"It went well." Lissa smiled, walking to him. "But, I guess I still have to get used to people arguing about things."

"You must've been tired." He smirked. "Want me to give you a massage or something?"

"If you're offering, then I do." She said, holding her shoulder.

Gaius simply chuckled whilst shaking his head, getting off of the wall and stepped closer to Lissa. They got to their bed as Lissa laid down on her stomach and Gaius kneeled beside her. He then massaged her shoulders with his nimble hands as Lissa lets out a low moan of relief. Gaius moved down to her back and rubbed down as gently as he could before Lissa turned her head back to him.

"Don't do it too hard, Gaius." She warned. "And don't think of doing anything else! I've still got places to go after this!"

"Fine, fine." Gaius sighed.

After the massage was done, Lissa sat by Gaius on their bed as she held onto his hand and leaned her head onto his shoulder.

"So, any names yet?" The Rogue asked suddenly.

"Hm... I still don't know." Lissa got out. She placed her hand onto her stomach. "It's been almost a month now. "

"Guess Owain was something you've came up with, huh?" He said. "Then how about something that sounds similar?"

"Like what, Gaius?"

Gaius hummed for a moment before turning to Lissa and placed his hand on hers.

"How about Odin, Cupcake?"

"Odin..." Lissa repeated before she smiled. "Yeah. That's a good name."

"Well then," Gaius stood up. "Guess we better get back to our jobs, huh?"

"Of course." Lissa nodded, giving a small peck on Gaius's lips before she head towards the door. "Oh, and let Robin know about our son, okay?"

"Don't worry. I'm sure Bubbles would know about it." He joked.
------
(Castle Plegia)

"Halt, Evildoers! Cease your actions at once!" Owain exclaimed theatrically. "Or else thou shall face the consequences of thy's actions!" He then proceeded to draw out his sword and got into a stance whilst covering his face with his right hand. "For I am, Owain Dark! The Scion of Legends!"

Just above him, Cynthia guided her pegasus down before jumping off and landed next to Owain with her lance in hand. "Among the wind, I've watched your misdeeds. All those who do wrong shall be punished!" She spun her lance above her head before holding it behind her and extended her left arm diagonally to the right. "I am the Wings of Justice, Cynthia!"