Chapter 20 - Blood Field

WARNING - This chapter will have extreme violence and the death of a child. Please do not read it if you are upset by this.

Also please don't forget to vote, comment, and follow me!

:) but anyways

ONTO ZE STORY!!!

I wake up with a yawn and I smile at the feeling of strong arms wrapped around me. I open my eyes to see Kakashi's familiar room and turn over carefully to see him awake and looking lost in thought.

"Morning." He says quietly and I watch as he slowly comes back to me and I see a small smile play on his lips.

"Today is the day isn't it?" I ask and he nods and I snuggle my face into his chest and breathe in his scent, usually it is intoxicating but today it smells wrong.

"What's wrong?" He asks as I pull my face away and scrunch up my nose.

"Nothing." I lie and I roll out of his arms and onto my feet.

We get dressed and ready in silence and I am thankful for it as I think about what the day holds for me.

Today... The Third Hokage's Funeral.

"You ready to go?" I turn to see Kakashi dressed in all black and looking distressed. I walk over to him and straighten his mask.

I go to drop my hands but he grabs them and he holds them against his face and I stare up into his eye. As if by instinct I slam my body against his and I wrap my arms around his torso and he holds me in his arms.

"Kakashi... I am so sorry, for everything that I have done. You have saved my life countless times and I keep pushing you away or plotting your death... I don't even deserve to be your friend." I say with tears now running down my face and he pulls me away from him so I can see his masked face.

"I will always be here for you Mala." He says and I nod with a small smile and he wipes the tears off my face with his hand.

"Let's go." He says and I take a deep breath and slip my hand into his while we make our way out the door and toward the Hokage's Building.

We reach it and I feel relieved that there are already at least 50 Shinobi there so I become distracted by all the different conversations.

Finally everyone arrives and we all gather on the roof top in front of his shrine and my hand stays in Kakashi's the whole time.

Asuma talks about the Third and then so does the majority of Jonin afterwards. Everyone begins to leave but I see Team 7 stop at the top of the stairs as they see me still standing in front of the shrine in the rain.

I walk over to the shrine with trembling limbs and I kneel in front of it with tears pouring out of my eyes and sobs shaking my body.

I stand up slowly and I place my hand on the shrine imagining that he is still alive and I get to say one last thing to him.

"Remember those white flowers in that field? If you were to go there today they would be red. That is where the legend of the Blood Field began. That is where Mala Matzu died and Blood Tiger was born. That is where I watched my brother die and I murdered my entire clan." I say with a whisper and suddenly the rain stops and I stare up as the clouds break and the light from the sun shines directly on me.

I fall to my knees in the light and I feel strong arms wrap around me and I sob into his chest.

I finally compose myself and I turn back to the shrine with a small smile.