Why me

Ari Pov

I was slowing changing by the minute I wasn't the same anymore my coco butter skin slowly started to turn pale my once was brown eyes turned pitch black. I hated myself for letting him do this to me. I loved the wrong person & I keep asking God why? I was always the nice person who helped people in need & who always donated to charity. Sometimes I tell myself God doesn't love me because if he did I wouldn't be in this predicament. When I first meet Vincent in high school he was never like this. I was a cheerleader & he was a football player. Typical high school coupe. He came from a rich family & so did I. He was that type of football player that all the boys envy. We graduated together & he went on to play professional football & went to worked on my fashon career. Vincent started using drugs to help him play better & one night they had a inspection & his school found drugs in his dorm room & he lost EVERYTHING. His family resented him, his 'friends' acted as if he didn't exist the only person he had was me. I stayed with him because that's what REAL girlfriends do. "Baby" Vincent said coming in the guest bedroom I was sleeping in. I didn't answer I just continued to stare in the mirror in disbelief. "ARI" he yelled causing me to jump. Vincent has so many different mood swings one minute he loves me the next he's beating me half to death. I just don't get it. "Baby what's wrong" he asked laying on the bed & pulling me close to him. I missed being in his arms. I used to feel safe but now it feels like I'm sleeping with the enemy. "Nothing". I replied simply. "Baby I apologized over & over I didn't mean to put my hands on you I was drunk....your my everything I wanna spend the rest of my life with you. I promise that was my first & last time putting my hands on you". I knew better than to trust anything coming out of his mouth my dad always told me if they do it once they would do it again. I just played along & forgave him. But now I know I have to sleep with one eye open.

(Author's note: If you or anybody you know are being abused please please please tell someone . I didn't make this book to offend anyone. Don't worry at the end it will all be over)

August Pov

I texted Natalie & told her I would be at the doctors office in 10 minutes. She has been very sick lately but I keep convincing myself she just has the flu nothing major. "Hey baby" I said giving her a kiss on her cheek. I could tell she was scared. "Baby it's gonna be okay I promise". "But what if I'm not August? Huh? This is more than the flu" Her voice started to rise. I couldn't even get mad I know she's under a lot of stress. "Baby calm down" I said rubbing her thighs. Before I could even say something Dr.Carter came in. Dr.Carter is more than our doctor he's Natalie's Uncle. "What's wrong Princess why you here" he asked pulling up a chair. She explained what's been going on & his face expression went from calm to worried. "I hope this is not what I think it is." He said getting up. "WHY? WHAT'S WRONG"? Natalie said semi yelling. "Here go pee in this cup". About 10 minutes later she came back & he left. I pulled her onto my lap & she cried on my shoulder as I said a silent prayer. Dr.Carter came back in. He pulled up a chair & sighed his eyes got low & a tear fell. "What's wrong Doc" ? I asked getting worried. "Natalie I'm sorry but you have stage 3 of breast cancer & you could die in any minute. " I swear when I heard those words my soul left my body.

Terrance Pov

I miss Chole & Nina but I know it's for the best. I couldn't let anything happen to them so I faked my own death. If I didn't my family would be dead. I'm so ready for this to be over so I can get back to my family. I slipped up & trusted the wrong people that's how I ended up in this mess. I have so much respect for Chole because I been 'dead' for some years now she could have been moved on but she didn't she stayed. Me & her met a couple years back when I was making a sell. It broke me to see her on the streets & she was pregnant. Even tho Nina is not mine by blood I see her as my daughter, She's mine. Me & Chole been threw so much with all the lies,cheating & everything. I love her with all of me, she taught me that I could genuinely love a female.

Mircale Pov

I woke up to a major headache. I don't know what's been going on with me lately I been throwing up & feeling horrible so I'm going to the doctor. I did a 20 minute shower & put on some high waist pants with a red crop top & a camo jacket. "Soo Mrs.Walker what brings you in today" ? Dr.Stalks said putting on some gloves. "Well I been feeling really sick & I missed my period". "Okay well lay back & let's do a a ultrasound". I layed back & she cut off the lights & turned on this little t.v looking thing. "I see a head" she said moving around the gel. "Huh" ? I said looking at the screen. This could not be happening. I tried to shake the thought of me having a child. I don't even know how August is gonna feel. I thanked the doctor & she told me when my next appointment is gonna be. So many thoughts was going threw my head I know for a fact August is the father. But how am I gonna continue working at Magic if I'm pregnant? I just sat in my car & cried. Too much is happening right now don't get me wrong I recognize the blessing but I'm not ready. I'm gonna talk to him tomorrow.

Natalie pov

I haven't been doing anything since I found out. I just keep thinking about everything & my family. August has been taking this really hard well harder than I have. I just can't stop thinking about death ,everywhere August go I go. He's not leaving out of my sight. I was laying down in bed with August when my Uncle called me. "Hello". "Nat I need you in my office right now". "Okay I'm on my way". I woke up August & we made it within a hour. "I have good news & I have bad news". "Okay bad news first" August said grabbing my hand. "Okay well when I took your pee sample to the lab it accidentally got mixed up with someone else." "Wait so your saying I don't have cancer"? "Yess & the good news is your 5 weeks pregnant". At that moment the only thing I could do was Thank God.

Chole Pov

"Nina" I yelled for the third time. She came running out of her room with her IPad in her hand. "Yess mommy". "You didn't hear me calling you" ? "No ma'am I was watching Spongebob". "Ohh you ready to eat" ? Just as she was about to speak Natalie & August walked threw the door. "Auntieeee" Nina jumped down out of her chair & into her arms. "You forgetting about me" August said turning his back. She grabbed August hand & he bent down & she gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Let's do something tonight y'all". August said. "Can we go to Mystic's" Nina asked looking at August. "Yeah go get ready". I went to pick out Nina clothes then mine.

******

We paid for the food & sat down to eat. Nina didn't touch her food she just kept starting out the window like something had her attention. I looked but didn't see anything or anyone. "Papiiiiiiiiii" Nina screamed running towards the door. "Nina come here" I yelled running after her. I seen Nina hugging some guy but I couldn't see his face because of her hair. As I got closer he begin to put her down & I just stood there shocked. It felt as if my whole body was paralyzed. Tears began to pour down my face like hot acid. I had a feeling words couldn't describe. Inside I was screaming of joy & a little confused & the outside was shocked. "I missed you so much". He said pulling me into a hug that felt like eternity. "Terr-" I was cut off by his soft wet lips that I missed so much. There's was still sparks.