Free

Natalie pov

I woke up with cords all over me, I dont know why I am even here. "Omg your woke" I turned my head to see Chole next to me. "Why am I here? Wheres August?" "So you dont remeber anything?" "All I remeber is being at Ari's house". And at the moment everything started to slowly come back. I remeber being kicked in my.... Oh god. I moved my hand down to fell my stomach & it wasn't it's hard round shape anymore, it was now mushy. I panicked. Nooo. Chole & Ari tried calming me down as nurses & doctors rushed into the room. "Auguuust" I yelled. Where is he?. "Natalie please calm down" the doctors said. "No! Where is my son!" I yelled. August walked threw the door with his eyes low & red. I could tell something was wrong. "WHERE'S MY BABY" I screamed. He turned his head and stared out the window, "He didn't make it" he said in a low sorrowful voice. After that I lost it. If I would have never went over there I would have still had my son. I don't care what nobody says I want Vincent dead. I look over at Ari & seen she had her head in her lap. I leaned up slowly & grabbed her hand. "Look at me" I said in soft low voice. I feel bad for her, I feel bad because i wasn't there for her like she was for me all my life. She looked up with her watery light brown eyes. "I'm sorry" she mumbled but no words escaped her mouth. It was late & everybody left except for August. "You should leave & go get some rest I'm fine" I said trying to convince myself more then him. "No your not. I know you Natalie I know that your not okay & your tore up in the inside but you wont let it show." He said grabbing my hand. "I loved my son with all of me" I said finally braking down. "I know we all did".

August pov

I try not to think about the death of my unborn child that much but when I do I always find myself in a terrible mood & I want to hurt everything around me. "You never smile anymore August" she said then. "I hardly remember what your smile looks like". "You neither, Natalie" She nodded & wiped her eyes. "Your right" she said putting her hand on my arm. She sat at the foot of our bed. Her tired bloodshot eyes looked like two cracked windows. I'm so sorry I put you through all this. I wanted to say, but the words didn't come out. Instead, I just looked at the clock to avoid her eyes. "I'm going to go check on Arianna I will see you later" She gave me a kiss & left. After the baby me & her relationship has been drained but we cant live with out each other. I wanted to get things off my mind so I went to my brothers grave. Somewhere far away, sirens screamed, & a memory of Mel's ambulance ride to the hospital flashed in my mind. My mother & I followed in her car, we could see the paramedics pumping Mel's chest through the the small ambulance window. My mother screamed like she was being tortured. It was a real-life nightmare, worse than anything I ever dreamed. I shook off the memory & focused on the road. When I got there Lance was there smoking a cigarette. "Yo homes, wussup?" Lance said. His words seemed normal, but his face was pale and tense, like he was about to throw up. "Wussup, Lance". I said eyeing him cautiously. When we were kids, he & I used to hang out all the time. No matter what stupid things we did back in the day, me & Lance were always tight. He would always tell you what he was thinking straight up, & since he & I were cool, we never had any problems. "August we need to talk homie" He said throwing down his cigarette. "Tell me something I don't know" I said double checking if we were alone. See Lance & Vincent were brothers But Lance doesn't like Vincent as much as I don't because of his ways & actions. "Where is he" Lance knew exactly who I was talking about. "He ain't here August. Not yet" When your trying to get threw the day you don't think about tomorrow. "Remember when we used to run up and down the street when we were kids? When playing was all we had to worry about?" Lance said throwing the cigarette down. "Yeah that was a long time ago. I wish we could go back there". "Me too, I would do anything just to go back to last summer" Lance winced. I knew the words hurt him. Of all my friends, he was the one who liked Mel the most. He cried at the funeral, & he wanted revenge as much as i did. "Tell your brother I want his head" I said leaving Lance just standing there.