Chapter 02

The Other Side

Chapter 02

Date: 9/30/15

Caleb

I woke up at like 5 I think. I looked at my clock and saw it was 8. Why was I so tired? I wasn't even gonna bother putting on clothes, I'm way too sleepy. My eyes were still closed. I went downstairs and Annie and Hayley and Mom were already down there. I slump at the table. We were having sausage biscuits for breakfast. I took a bite while Mom started the camera. She was talking to Annie.

"That's exactly what I was thinking! He's seen biscuits before, so I don't know what his issue is. And you can put some butter on it. Ya want some butter. Some butter."

"Mommy," Annie interrupted.

"Everybody say butter. What?"

"If I drink all of this could I have some strawberry milk?"

"Uh, sure!"

Annie smiled and took a drink.

"So, it's a beautiful morning. Well, it rained and poured last night, so. And, we don't have anywhere to be this morning. Fantastic," said Mom.

"So that means I get to READ," said Annie.

"Ya gotta do school before you READ."

"Then I get to READ."

"And then you can read," finished Mom. "So. Just a little breakfast. A little quietness from a few of us. Or a couple of us." She joked. "Are you gonna eat?" She asked Hayley, who hadn't touched her food.

"Mhm," mumbled Hayley.

"Mkay," replied Mom. She turned off the camera for a while then turned it back on.

"So." I noticed Annie struggling to cut her sausage, and I think Mom did too. "Would you like a knife?" She asked Annie.

Annie just grinned.

"Yes?" Asked Mom again.

"Yeah," said Annie.

"Okay." Mom smiled. She opened the drawer and looked for one while I took a bite of my biscuit.

"Would you like a kid-knife?" She asked.

"Yeah," said Annie.

Mom handed her a yellow kid-knife across the island while Annie stretched.

"S t r e t c h," said Annie. "Ah."  Then she went back to eating her breakfast.

"This could be a morning routine video, or a breakfast routine," said Mom. "'How Bratayley eats Breakfast,'" She said while filming me, but I kinda don't wanna be filmed. Huh. That's not like me at all...

"How does Bratayley eat breakfast?" Asked Mom, interrupting my thoughts. "Hey, I've had a lot of, like, questions about, 'who is Bratayley' or 'what is a Bratayley'. Do we refer to a Bratayley as just one person anymore, or is it kinda like the whole channel?" Annie was cutting her sausage while Hayley and I just sat there in silence. "Anyone? What do you think?"

"I don't know," said Annie.

"I think when I refer to a Bratayley I mean all of us. Nowadays."

"Yeah," said Annie.

"Totally?" Asked Mom.

"Totes," replied Annie.

"Totes," repeated Mom.

Annie was chewing her sausage so she didn't reply. I think Hayley was starting to wake up a bit.

"Why aren't you guys talking?" Annie said to Hayley and me.

Mom chuckled. "Cause it's too early, Annie." She turned off the camera for a bit then turned it back on, facing Annie again.

"School. Gymnastics, reading. And go to bed."

"Sounds like an exciting day!" Said Mom sarcastically. I just wanted to go back to bed. Unfortunately, Mom turned the camera towards me. "What are your big plans for the day?" She asked. I blinked slowly with my eyes half-closed while I took a slow bite of biscuit. Then I flopped my head onto my hand jokingly, and rested my head on my hand. Hayley was watching me.

"Okay, well we can see that these two are not morning people." She said, pointing the camera at Hayley and me. "I guess if you're observant, that's what you probably observed this morning. We've got one morning person."  She said, pointing at Annie. Annie just nods because she's chewing her sausage. "And two little kids who would probably sleep all day if I let them. Probably." The camera was just facing us for a bit. I tried all I could looking sleepy, but Mom couldn't take the hint I didn't want to be filmed, I didn't want to eat breakfast. I just wanted to sleep. Also, my chest hurted. I wondered why.

Mom vlogged us for a little while more, then she turned the camera on Annie completely, while I layed on the couch. I was so tired. Annie did school and I pretended to do it in my room, but I was really sleeping. I think Annie's friend Katie came over at some point. I remembered to set an alarm so Mom didn't go in my room and catch me sleeping. I got up just in time to Mom handing me the camera for the Question Of The Day.

"Okay! Whoa what is wrong with my hair today? Anyways, um, so..question of the day! Dropped it, no caught it, wow, wow! If you could fu-ask your fu—oh, what is wrong with my hair today, it looks really bad. Nah, I'm not gonna even try. If you could ask your future self, your, if you could ask your future self one question, what would it be?"

-

-

-

-

"Is Taco Bell still around?

-

-

-

"Yeah. Probably what I'd ask. So uh, yeah, anyways, what is really ask is though, uh let's think."

-

"Are there any new sports, probably what I'd ask. What's the new crave, I don't know. Anyways, blublublubluh my cheeks. Anyways, remembertoblublublubluhcommentdowntheqsusisjxausewewannaknowhatthequestion of the day isssss. What is it, Caleb? Hah, cause my five second before self asked my five second other self, what the question of the day was. Hah, I am so funny. Uh, so, if you could ask, what, um, so if you ask your future self one question, what would it be? See you guys, tomorrow."

I could finally sleep some more!