Chapter 10

The Other Side

Chapter 10

Date: 11/1/15

Brennan

I kept getting mysterious texts from that number, but tried not to think about it too much. Still, I kind of wondered who it was.

Unknown: I can't believe you haven't figured out who I am yet

Brennan: you don't know who I am

Unknown: seriously Donnelly? You think I just texted a random person these texts?

Brennan: y-

Brennan: yes.

Unknown: 🙄

Brennan: just tell me who you are!!

Unknown: meet me outside of the caf @ noon on monday. Idc what class u have & don't be late or else

Brennan: uh ok..

Unknown: good.

Annie

On the first of each month we were to get our hearts tested to make sure we didn't have what Caleb had. I missed Caleb more and more each day.

Dr. Manuela, Dr. Parker's cousin, used to be our doctor, but Daddy made us switch. I'm not sure why.

Hayley and I were in my room painting our nails just a few hours before we had to get in the car.

"Isn't it crazy that so many people in Dr. Parker's family are doctors?" I asked Hayley as I put on a dab of Cotton Candy Pink.

"Yeah! I guess doctorism runs in the family!" She replied.

I laughed. "Doctorism? Is that even a word Hay Hay?"

She laughed too. "It is now," she said and I smiled.

I laughed again. "Well, in that case, YouTuberism runs in ours."

Hayley cracked up.

At that moment, Mommy came in with the camera. "What's so funny?" She asked.

"Just inventing new words!" I said.

"Ooh, like what?" She asked.

"Doctorism and YouTuberism," Hayley said before I had a chance to explain.

Mommy shook her head. "Oh, you silly gooses."

"Geese," I corrected her.

"Geese," she repeated. She looked at her watch. "Exactly 2 hours and 37 minutes before. . . drumroll please," Hayley did it, I didn't.

"Test time!"

I groaned.

"Oh come on, Julianna. It's not THAT bad," she teased.

I didn't say or do anything because Caleb came to mind.

"The girls are getting tested for Hypert—oh, ya know," she said, sighing.

I was pretty sure I looked sad in the camera. A lot of the comments said I "hadn't been myself lately" and I more or less agreed with them. I really hadn't felt like myself lately.

Hayley and I were watching TV a few minutes later when Daddy told us it was time to go to the doctor's.

We got in the car and drove to the hospital. Mommy didn't vlog us. It was too hard knowing the reason why we were here in the first place.

Hayley, on the other hand, was doing just fine. I think she got her hopes up times ten. She REALLY thought Caleb was going to come back today, at 7:08pm. I wished it was like that too.

Caleb

"Oh my gosh!"

"JuJu, who is he?"

"I-I don't know. I'll find out."

"Okay."

I slowly blinked my eyes as the world adjusted in front of me. Though it was bright and sunny out, something gave me a dark and gloomy vibe.

I sat up straight and realized I was on a trampoline. I remembered seeing a trampoline.

That's when I realized that this trampoline was bigger than how I saw it, and it was the same exact one at my house back home.

Julietta (JuJu)

The tall boy with curly brown hair appeared out of nowhere on our trampoline. He looked kind of confused. Was he okay?

I told my little sister Harmony to stand back in case he was dangerous. She did as was told and didn't say a word. I tried to be brave and look tough, but really I was frightened as Har Har.

He sat up straight and looked at our trampoline for a moment. Then he looked me in the eye and said, "what just happened?"

I shrugged. "Don't ask me."

He still looked puzzled. "Why was it like I was flying?" He asked.

I shrugged again. "No clue what you're talking about."

"Huh. Well, anyways, where's Mommy and Daddy? I'm hungry."

I stared at him. He reminded me of a boy who used to bully me, Brendan. He would make rude and sarcastic comments like this because he knew I was poor.

The thing is, I was sensitive. I started to cry.

"What's wrong Anna?" The boy asked.

Before I could say anything Harmony jumped out at him.

"That's not her name! Call her by her name! It's Julietta or Julie or JuJu!"

The boy laughed. I hated him so much right then. I thought he was being a jerk like Brendan.

"Hay Hay, you're too funny," he said to Harmey. Unfortunately, she just about lost it.

"MY! NAME! IS! NOT! HAY! HAY! IT! IS! HARMONY! OR! HARMEY!"

The boy could tell she was serious and his face went from happy to confused to understanding.

"I'm sorry," he said to us. "I wasn't trying to make you feel bad." He looked at me. I sniffled.

"Anyways, you guys look, talk, and act like my sisters. If you're not, then who are you?" He asked.

I raised my eyebrows. "Look, I think you're mistaking us for someone else," I said, not really liking who this kid was and why he randomly showed up. "The real question is, how did you get here?"

"That's what I don't get!" He exclaimed. "That and why you're my sister but then you're not."

"Who are your sisters?" asked Harmony.

"Hayley is the the one that looks like you, and my other one is Annie, who looks like Julie."

"Who are YOUR sisters?" Harmony asked, pointing a finger.

"Julianna Grace and Hayley Noelle."

I gasped. "I'm Julietta Gracey. My sister's Harmony Nicole."

"There must be an explanation for all this," said Caleb.

It suddenly hit me like a pile of bricks. "Oh my god! I know!"

"What?!"

"Okay, wait a minute, um, what's your name?" I asked him.

"Caleb," he said, shaking my hand. "Caleb Logan LeBlanc."

Harmony looks the same as she did when we got a dog (we had to sell it, sadly, we needed more money to feed our family). All wide eyed and speechless.

"Oh, my gosh," I said. "No way."

"What?" Caleb asked.

"Our brother," I said. "His name is Callum Leo LeRoy."

He stared at me.

"CLL."

"For celebrate life," we said in sync.