Chapter 03

The Other Side

Chapter 03

Date: 10/1/15

Hayley

"Guess. What?" I said to the camera. "You might have already figured it out, I'm gonna give you a couple minutes. I'm gonna count to ten and you have to see what's wrong with me." I smiled, showing my teeth as an obvious hint.

"Okay, NOW, it's time to tell you. You figured it out? You might want to just..listen." I giggled.

"Okay. So. I lost my tooth, on the way to gymnastics, cause I was eating a Tootsie Roll." I paused for a few seconds.

"Why are you so mean Tootsie Roll? You're really mean. I'm talking to a Tootsie Roll," I giggled again.

"So, yeah! So it just popped right out! And I thought it was chipped, hahaha. But it's not because it's really tiny." I touched the spot where my tooth was.

"Can they see? Can they see? Can they see?" I said.

"Mhm-hmm," said Mommy.

We talk some more about my tooth and the tooth fairy.

Katie Donnelly

"Back back back back," says Annie while Ms. Katie is giggling.

"Back back?"

"Back back back back back."

Ew! Annie and I just found a half eaten tootsie roll on the floor of the car while Ms. Katie told the story of how Hayley lost her tooth on a Tootsie Roll today. Finding the other half of her tooth actually turned into a small big deal. That's me. Small big deal.

You get what I mean.

Anyways, I'm really excited because Annie and I are having a sleepover today!

Billy

Katie and Hayley had just left the house to go run some errands (I didn't really know) and Annie and Katie were at gymnastics and Annie's sleeping over, so Jill is gonna pick her up. So it was just me, Caleb, Piper, and Winnie in the house. Caleb was in his room, probably playing Minecraft.

"Hey Caleb, wanna do the Question Of The Day a bit early?"

When I didn't hear a response from him, I asked again. "Caleb?"

"Sure," he replied. I grabbed the camera and brought it down to his room, where he was on his bed. He wasn't playing Minecraft or reading a book or anything. Just laying.

I handed the camera to him and he sat up straight. "You okay Bubs?" I asked him.

"I don't know, I feel a little tired." He said. I looked at his clock. It was 6:38.

"Well, it's perfectly fine if you want to go to bed early." I smiled.

"Okay, and could I have some water? I have a bad headache and my chest hurts."

"Sure," I said. "Well, take it easy Bubs." I gave him a light pat on the back and got him his water. He took it and drank it. And suddenly he made a face as if he heard Annie's quitting gymnastics.

"What? What's wrong?"

"I-I-I don't know!" Something was seriously wrong with Caleb. I felt his forehead. Ice cold.

"Bubba, we need to get you to the hospital! Don't panic, don't panic!" I pulled out my phone and dialed 911.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Hi, I'm home alone with my son, and he says he has a headache and his chest hurts and his forehead is freezing! He's NOT feeling normal."

"Help is on the way sir."

I hung up and carried Caleb outside so the paramedics would find him.

When they got here they scooped him onto a bed and carried him inside the truck. I went straight to my car and drove to the hospital. As I drove, I made two very important phone calls.

Hayley

"Can we get Oreos?" I asked Mommy. We were at the grocery store because Mommy needed to get some bread since we ran out.

"Sure," she said. "Just this once." She took a box of Oreos and was about to put them in our basket when her phone rung. "Hey honey, what's up?"

I looked around and saw a short girl with black hair smile at me so I smiled back. "Hi," she said. "I love Bratayley, I'm a huge fan."

"Thank you." I smiled. "I'll tell Annie and Caleb you said hi."

"Thanks, I have to go now. My name is Mazzy, by the way. My real name is kinda long."

"Bye, Mazzy!"

"Bye, Hayley!"

When I looked at Mommy tears were in her eyes. "What's wrong Mommy?" I asked.

She grabbed my hand and practically dragged me to the car. "I'll explain on the way," she said, anxiously.

When we were in the car she said, "It's bad news, sweetie. Caleb's in the hospital."

"What?? How?!"

"Daddy told me his chest really hurts and so he called 911, and his chest hurts even more. He also feels very dizzy and—." She cried.

"You don't have to tell me right now if you don't want to," I told her.

She blew her nose with a tissue. "He's not able to breathe very well."

I was speechless, and we were halfway to the hospital when we realized Mommy never paid for the Oreos.