Chapter 11

The Other Side 

Chapter 11

11/1/15

Julietta

The tall boy with curly brown hair appeared out of nowhere on our trampoline. He looked kind of confused. Was he okay?

I told my little sister Harmony to stand back in case he was dangerous. She did as was told and didn't say a word. I tried to be brave and look tough, but really I was frightened as Har Har.

He sat up straight and looked at our trampoline for a moment. Then he looked me in the eye and said, "what just happened?"

I shrugged. "Don't ask me."

He still looked puzzled. "Why was it like I was flying?" He asked.

I shrugged again. "No clue what you're talking about."

"Huh. Well, anyways, where's Mommy and Daddy? I'm hungry."

I stared at him. He reminded me of a boy who used to bully me, Brendan. He would make rude and sarcastic comments like this because he knew I was poor.

The thing is, I was sensitive. I started to cry.

"What's wrong Anna?" The boy asked.

Before I could say anything Harmony jumped out at him.

"That's not her name! Call her by her name! It's Julietta or Julie or JuJu!"

The boy laughed. I hated him so much right then. I thought he was being a jerk like Brendan.

"Hay Hay, you're too funny," he said to Harmey. Unfortunately, she just about lost it.

"MY! NAME! IS! NOT! HAY! HAY! IT! IS! HARMONY! OR! HARMEY!"

The boy could tell she was serious and his face went from happy to confused to understanding.

"I'm sorry," he said to us. "I wasn't trying to make you feel bad." He looked at me. I sniffled.

"Anyways, you guys look, talk, and act like my sisters. If you're not, then who are you?" He asked.

I raised my eyebrows. "Look, I think you're mistaking us for someone else," I said, not really liking who this kid was and why he randomly showed up. "The real question is, how did you get here?"

"That's what I don't get!" He exclaimed. "That and why you're my sister but then you're not."

"Who are your sisters?" asked Harmony.

"Hayley is the the one that looks like you, and my other one is Annie, who looks like Julie."

"Who are YOUR sisters?" Harmony asked, pointing a finger.

"Julianna Grace and Hayley Noelle."

I gasped. "I'm Julietta Gracey. My sister's Harmony Nicole."

"There must be an explanation for all this," said Caleb.

It suddenly hit me like a pile of bricks. "Oh my god! I know!"

"What?!"

"Okay, wait a minute, um, what's your name?" I asked him.

"Caleb," he said, shaking my hand. "Caleb Logan LeBlanc."

Harmony looks the same as she did when we got a dog (we had to sell it, sadly, we needed more money to feed our family). All wide eyed and speechless.

"Oh, my gosh," I said. "No way."

"What?" Caleb asked.

"Our brother," I said. "His name is Callum Leo LeRoy."