Chapter 06

The Other Side

Chapter 06

10/23/15

Annie

Katieee🐷

Katieee🐷: hey anns! Wanna be in a group chat? (Coral grls )

Annie: sure I think

Katieee🐷: ok!

Katieee🐷: added u!

Annie: k

The Coral Girls 💕

Katieee🐷 added Annie to the chat

Katieee🐷: I added Annie every1!

Annie: hi guys

🥜: HEY ANNIE sry for caps lol

Annie: hi peanut!

AMANDA🖤: hey hey!!

Annie: :-)

Sydney💖Coral girl: hi annie

Annie: hi syd!

MOO🐮: heya anns!

🥜 added Unknown to the chat

Unknown: hello

Sydney💖Coral girl: ???? Who's this?

Annie: Wait? This person isn't in your contacts either?

Sydney💖Coral girl: nope

Katieee🐷: me 2

Liv💫: sry I'm late but who is unknown?

Unknown: hello, Liv.

Annie: PEANUT UR FREAKING ME OUT HERE WHO DID U ADD??

🥜: haha, Sorry. It's Coach Mary

Liv💫: 😂😂😂😂😂😂

AMANDA🖤: wowwww

Coach Mary: I'll leave you kids to your fun now. Remember to work on your routines girls!

Coach Mary has left the chat

10 minutes earlier. . .

Peanut

🥜: hey coach

Coach Mary: ?

🥜: let's play a trick on Annie and the the rest of the girls

Coach Mary: 😂 what did you have in mind?

🥜: you see, there's this group chat...

Annie

"Annie! Off the phone! Now!"

I giggled. Katie and I were FaceTiming and something HILARIOUS had just happened.

I couldn't help it. I laughed so hard I snorted.

"JULIANNA GRACE LEBLANC!" Mom snatched the phone from my hands and hung up on Katie. I reached for the phone when my mom said, "Nuh uh. You've been talking to Katie for way too long. Come on."

"Fine. WHERE are we going?"

"We leave for the 99 in 10 minutes." With that she walked out of the room.

I sighed and tried to finish reading Smile by Raina Telgemeier.

Katie LeBlanc

My phone was dead so I decided to use Annie's phone while it's charging. Immediately a text from Katie appeared.

Katieee🐷: hey, do u wanna sleep over 2day? We're having my dads leftover lasagna 😋

Should I reply? I knew this was meant for Annie and it was her phone, but she would've had to ask me anyways. While I was thinking it over, Katie had sent another text.

Katieee🐷: we were thinking din, musical.ly, games, look 4 Caleb?

I sighed sadly at the thought of Caleb and decided to reply.

Annie: hi, Katie. It's Annie's Mom. Annie is kind of in trouble but I'm sure she would love to come. I'll send her over at around 4?

Katieee🐷: Hi, Ms. Katie! My mom says 4 is perfect! Thank you! :)

I also see she's in a group chat with the Coral Girls. Hmmm. We'll have a talk about that later.

After that I went on Annie's Instagram and remembered we were supposed to eat out in what, 5 minutes? With a quick call to Jill, we made it so our family would go with theirs to the 99 Restaurant, and search for Caleb afterwards. PLUS, Annie was going to sleep over at Katie's after. Well, depending on if we found Caleb or not. I sighed.

I hoped he would come back soon.

Very soon.

Hayley

How come Annie always got to go on sleepovers and I didn't? I often wondered this.

She's always doing better stuff than me, maybe because she IS BETTER than me in general.

I wished I was more like her.

Sometimes I wish Mommy would have another baby so I wouldn't be the youngest.

Another little one would look up to me, like I looked up to Annie.

My big sister.