Chapter 05

The Other Side

Chapter 05

Date: 10/15/15

Katie Donnelly

"Hey, Kates. I was just heading to the store for some milk. We're running out. Wanna come?" Asked Mom.

"Sure," I said, putting down my copy of Lost in The Sun. It's by Lisa Graff. Believe it or not, there's a girl in the book named Annie who lost her older brother, and he had a heart condition.

I sighed, remembering Caleb. Again.

He could be alive. I tried to keep that in mind. Brennan and Ryan had been crying nonstop, and even I had as well. Billy and Katie (with help from Annie and Hayley) had made Missing posters and hung them up around Severna while the police were on search. No sign of Caleb Logan anywhere so far.

The LeBlancs had already told the fans, and they were devastated. And still are. One person claimed to have saw Caleb at the Slingshot Ride in Ocean City, but it wasn't him. They took a video but the LeBlancs confirmed it wasn't Caleb.

My mom opened the door, which had a Missing poster on it, and I wanted to cry. No, really, I did.

My mom read my mind and pulled me into a hug. "Oh, honey, I'm sure we'll find Caleb." But she'd been saying that for 15 days now, and even she started to look a little hopeless.

We walked inside the store and Mom let me pick out an ice cream bar. I picked Strawberry Shortcake and ate it in the car. I found two more Missing posters along the way.

Annie

We hadn't just been putting up posters. We'd been looking for him too. Long hours, calling his name. Caleb, Caleb, Caleb!

I missed my Bubba. A lot.

I cried all the time. I really hoped he's alive and well.

Hayley

I missed Caleb. I hadn't seen him in like a month but I knew he was safe. Brennan and Ryan and Katie and Sydney and Luke and other people came the day after Caleb went missing and we made Hugs with Hershey Kisses.

"So, explain to me what these are," Mommy had said with the camera.

"We put hugs in them, so every time you give a hug, you give a hug," answered Katie.

I smiled now, knowing Caleb is fine.

One day, he'll come back home.

I know he will.

Luke

Caleb's Nonnie had posted a picture of me on her Instagram a day after he went missing. I had been crying so hard there were huge bags under my eyes.

< picture >

yble1: Luke. Caleb's best friend.

Then she added the "copy and paste" message Billy made, not only himself put on the Bratayley vlogs and Instagram posts, but also family members too, and that included Nonnie.

yble1: Caleb Logan is a 13-year-old boy from Severna Park, MD who went missing on October 1st, 2015. Have You Seen Caleb Logan Bratayley? If so, please click the link👇

www.bratayleycontactinfo.login.org

Brennan

Brennan: hey dude wanna hang today

Caleb: are u crazy??

Brennan: oh, right . Forgot 4 a sec. Sorry :(

Caleb: it's ok, it's Annie btw. Was just using Caleb's phone📱